Allocation VS special orders - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 10-13-2008, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Allocation VS special orders

Hi,

Does the allocation per dealership include both what will be sent to them plus what they can accept in special orders as well, or are special orders considered a seperate catagory all together? I would think that special orders can just be sent on to GM for them to handle seperately. Am I wrong?

Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-13-2008, 06:58 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

This allocation is the number of cars a dealer can special order as sold orders.

(yep, Camaro Scotty beat me to it hehe)

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #3 of 11 Old 10-13-2008, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

So, are you saying that these orders placed right now have to be paid for upfront? I won't be ready to order my car until next year (maybe march or so). Will this be a more normal time to place an order and get the car with two months with payment being due at delivery?

post #4 of 11 Old 10-13-2008, 07:21 PM
SS-Eric

No they don't have to be paid for in full. Just the deposit.

SS-ERIC
post #5 of 11 Old 10-13-2008, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Forgot to ask. I know this may sound like a silly question to ask right now, but as a dealer, is there any room at all to play with the numbers (for a better deal), or is it pretty much msrp or nothing. If not now, do you think this would open up later next year?
post #6 of 11 Old 10-13-2008, 07:47 PM
SS-Eric

As it becomes more avail you should see dealers "play" a little more.

SS-ERIC
post #7 of 11 Old 10-13-2008, 09:17 PM

What a great question!

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #8 of 11 Old 10-13-2008, 11:14 PM
THE FBODFATHER

mmmmmm......allocation includes the sold orders and stock orders (assuming that a dealer does not have enough sold orders to cover the allocation.)

For example:

Dealer A gets 12 Camaros allocated.......

Dealer B gets 10 Camaros allocated.........

If Dealer A only takes 8 sold orders, he will get 4 stock orders that he submits..............
post #9 of 11 Old 10-13-2008, 11:36 PM
See You On Course

Called 2 dealers outside the city, one had 3 allocations (2 left) and he said MSRP. The other one only had one, and at least he was straight up, and he said they were going to get $5000 over sticker. I told him good luck, but I was going to get one for MSRP.

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #10 of 11 Old 10-14-2008, 06:55 AM

it's my understanding that there will be 60,000 units manufactured the first year...if you take the number of dealers in the us and canada and the 60,000 number....there's going to be alot more customers than cars...hence, alot of unhappy customers....

.......................THESE ARE MY OPINIONS........................................

have to say that...some people don't like what i have to offer..

if the market is really hot in some areas of the country, then it's entirely possible that premiums will be put on top of the msrp...it's simply supply and demand...not all dealers in hot markers will do it...but some will.

one last bit of advice: cool your jets...wait some time and see the car before you order it...see what the quality of the car is like...it's a brand new production line on a brand new car..that should be cause for some concern, agian:

these are my opinions.

jackg
06 sts6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page