Great news on Wheel Options!!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 10-15-2008, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Great news on Wheel Options!!!

So I was pretty discouraged that I couldnt get the polished wheels with the RS package (being that im paying for an upgrade option and cant get the wheels I want) and voiced this concern to my dealer who thought it was ****ed up too. So After a couple days debating with the factory, he was able to get them to change the order form and allow us to get the RS PACKAGE WITH THE POLISHED WHEELS!

Thanks goes out to Reliable Chevrolet in Richardson, TX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 10-15-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleegle41 View Post
So I was pretty discouraged that I couldnt get the polished wheels with the RS package (being that im paying for an upgrade option and cant get the wheels I want) and voiced this concern to my dealer who thought it was ****ed up too. So After a couple days debating with the factory, he was able to get them to change the order form and allow us to get the RS PACKAGE WITH THE POLISHED WHEELS!

Thanks goes out to Reliable Chevrolet in Richardson, TX
Hmm....who was your salesperson?
post #3 of 25 Old 10-15-2008, 04:42 PM

personally, I like the idea you can only get the painted wheels with the RS. it sets it off as an RS and distinguishes it.

with polished, its going to look almost like every other SS out there.

post #4 of 25 Old 10-15-2008, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

I dunno, i think the halos and HID's will be a dead giveaway
post #5 of 25 Old 10-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Veteran Member

hmmmm i dont see the factory changing that

'Winning'
post #6 of 25 Old 10-15-2008, 07:07 PM
THE FBODFATHER

We did change the policy.

Originally, we felt that the darker wheel would set the RS apart from all other Camaros-- (and I still feel that way...)

HOWEVER -- we DO listen to our customer base -- and so we're going to change the policy -- you WILL be able to order an RS with a polished 20 inch wheel if you so desire -- please give us a few days to change the order tables!
post #7 of 25 Old 10-15-2008, 07:23 PM

Cool, although I am sticking with the dark color for mine, but I am glad to hear that. Scott, we know you and the rest of the team listen to us, the problem is getting the 'big wigs' to listen. Glad to see you could twist some arms.
So... whats the word on a blue SS?

'02 Z28 For Sale
'10 SS/RS
post #8 of 25 Old 10-15-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbodfather View Post

Originally, we felt that the darker wheel would set the RS apart from all other Camaros-- (and I still feel that way...)

HOWEVER -- we DO listen to our customer base -- and so we're going to change the policy -- you WILL be able to order an RS with a polished 20 inch wheel if you so desire -- please give us a few days to change the order tables!
although, personally, I think this waters down the RS, I'm glad your listening to the enthusiasts!!! you can't please everyone. thanks for all your work regardless!
post #9 of 25 Old 10-15-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbodfather View Post

what you mean by darker sheel? i thought SS wheels were either painted silver or polished
post #10 of 25 Old 10-15-2008, 09:28 PM

Unhappy Watered down

Its good that they listen to us but where will it stop? If i only want the halo's and body colored molding will they change it for me, prob not. I dont want all the models watered down so you cant tell the difference after awhile.

although, personally, I think this waters down the RS, I'm glad your listening to the enthusiasts!!! you can't please everyone. thanks for all your work regardless!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page