Going in to place order. Anything I should know first - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 10-17-2008, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Going in to place order. Anything I should know first

Hi,

Besides knowing what I want, is there anything else I should know first. I havn't dealt with dealers in this manner befor. I'll have my check book with me too. Of course, I'll be up front about not paying over retail, otherwise I'll walk out. What else should I expect with this kind of visit? Is it pretty straight forward? Should I ask that the order be put in befor I leave, or trust that they'll do it for me after I leave?

Thanks,
Sean W
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Veteran Member

I emailed a bunch of dealers to see who had available allocation, who was charging MSRP, and how much deposit was needed....I was in and out of the dealer in 15 minutes. The whole thing was done in GM's order workbench system and I was given a printout w/ order #. My salesperson said she'd give me a heads up before it needed to be finalized in case I want to make any last minute changes to my order.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-17-2008, 10:36 PM

Call the dealers or email them. I filled out a web form indicating I wanted the first 2010 RED camaro with the biggest available V-8 in the area. Two dealers called me back. One said MSRP and $2k down, the other said $5k down and $5k on top of MSRP.

Obviously I went for the first one. The thing is, the first dealership has now sold ALL of the Camaros in their initial alotment (only 12). Second dealership got 8 in the allotment and has sold zero as of today at 4:30ish. Hard to say if the second dealer will get their price or have to drop.

I'd call around to see what is available in your area. From what I have seen on this board, MSRP is reasonable, but some dealers are going less.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page