Really want to order, but.... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 10-20-2008, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Really want to order, but....

I really want to stop by the local dealer and put an order in for the new Camaro, but I just can't bring myself to do it yet. There are too many unknowns at this point for me.

I hate the idea of agreeing to MSRP only to find out that in 6 months Chevy is going to offer employee pricing to all an the new Camaro. Yet at the same time I hate to not pre-order and have to wait for the 2nd round of ordering to occur once we know what incentives Chevy is going to offer.

To be quite honest, the fact that they so far are standing fast on their decision not to release the SS in blue is what's really kept me from taking the plunge anyway. My second option is Silver Ice with Black Stripes....but I see so many cars with that color combination now that it's just not enough to push me over the edge with all the other questions still looming.

1SS/RS
LS3 6-speed Manual
Dark Blue with White Rally Stripes

Is what I'm really looking for, and what would probably make me say heck with it and take the chance of ordering now and crying if a better deal comes available later.

Undecided on the Hurst Shifter. I like short throw shifters, but not a fan of the white cue ball knob and silver shifter arm. Doesn't seem to go with the rest of the interior coloring.

I know this post doesn't really have much point.....guess it's more just me rambling on and trying to convince myself one way or another. See what being pationate about a car does....it makes us crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 10-20-2008, 01:15 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Car passion does infact make us crazy at times, but it's a good crazy!

I think that since the Camaro is a new car, there won't be any incentives on it for quite some time.

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #3 of 18 Old 10-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Supporter of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbingham View Post
I really want to stop by the local dealer and put an order in for the new Camaro, but I just can't bring myself to do it yet. There are too many unknowns at this point for me.

I hate the idea of agreeing to MSRP only to find out that in 6 months Chevy is going to offer employee pricing to all an the new Camaro. Yet at the same time I hate to not pre-order and have to wait for the 2nd round of ordering to occur once we know what incentives Chevy is going to offer.

To be quite honest, the fact that they so far are standing fast on their decision not to release the SS in blue is what's really kept me from taking the plunge anyway. My second option is Silver Ice with Black Stripes....but I see so many cars with that color combination now that it's just not enough to push me over the edge with all the other questions still looming.

1SS/RS
LS3 6-speed Manual

Is what I'm really looking for, and what would probably make me say heck with it and take the chance of ordering now and crying if a better deal comes available later.

Undecided on the Hurst Shifter. I like short throw shifters, but not a fan of the white cue ball knob and silver shifter arm. Doesn't seem to go with the rest of the interior coloring.

I know this post doesn't really have much point.....guess it's more just me rambling on and trying to convince myself one way or another. See what being pationate about a car does....it makes us crazy.
No real need to rush

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!

post #4 of 18 Old 10-20-2008, 03:54 PM

Thumbs up Camaro

Yup no need to rush there will be enuff Camaro s out there when we are ready to buy and yes maybe blue in the 2SS, with all the blue fans out there asking for it GM hears us im sure it will happen
post #5 of 18 Old 10-20-2008, 04:02 PM

well a lot can happen in that period of time too. i wouldn't want to put down any money especially if an emergency came up where i would need that money. good things come to those who wait... well they're supposed to.

post #6 of 18 Old 10-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Veteran Member

to give you a heads up on the Hurst. . . You can use the stock leather knob, no need for the white cue ball.

post #7 of 18 Old 10-21-2008, 11:07 AM
AJC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbingham View Post

1SS/RS
LS3 6-speed Manual

Good move - I am waiting.
post #8 of 18 Old 10-21-2008, 11:14 AM
See You On Course

I was in the same boat as you. I've been chomping at the bit for this car to come out, and I had my dealer all prepped and ready to take my order, but when the time came and I realized that I would need 37k, it hit me hard.

I've got 2 kids, and we've been struggling lately to make ends meet with gas being so high and everything.

I keep going over the numbers, I have 2 cars for myself, but they are old and require a LOT of TLC lately. But their payments together are $330, so I would be doubling that, as well as insurance going way up.

So, basically, I couldn't bring myself to pre-order. It was the hardest decision I've made in a while. I keep hoping I can turn things around, and when the spring rolls around, have enough to get an SS2/RS off a lot somewhere in the country.

Last week was the toughest week for me in a while. Already being overworked, underpaid, unappreciated, and then to have a dream shattered on top of that, was rough. It was hard to see other people here being excited about their orders.

</self pity>

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #9 of 18 Old 10-21-2008, 02:10 PM

remember 1967

It's 1967. The new Camaro is coming out. Should I get one, should I wait.
I want the pleasure just once of owning a distinctively new car at the time it's new. If you want that, imagine all the new 1968 Camaro owners.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S5030363.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	774  

Ordered Cyber gray/gray 1SS with automatic and black stripes.

Last edited by larietrope; 10-22-2008 at 10:50 AM.
post #10 of 18 Old 10-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Veteran Member

If it isn't the car you WANT, then wait. Otherwise you'll be crying about what might have been.

Only you know for sure what you're willing to compromise on or not. If you want blue, wait. I'm sure at some point, the blue will be coming...

We are waiting. We have to. Can't order a convertible yet, so, that's pretty much a given. But when that day comes, it'll be a no-brainer. It's not that I want a "distinctively new car at the time". I want a new Camaro 2SS/RS convertible when I can get it. It must be yellow, with black/charcoal interior with black hood and trunk stripes with hopefully a blade spoiler and polished wheels. That's Good enough for me.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page