Courtesy of Hylton- thanks dude...
This ought to clear up the confusion...
THE MOTHER OF ALL THREADS ABOUT STRIPE PACKAGES!!!!
There are so many posts about what stripe package is what, I thought we should have a be all and end all thread about the stripes available for anyone ordering a 2010 Camaro.
- Only the 2LT and 2SS models can get stripes installed at the factory. Everyone else will have to get their stripes installed by the dealer - no exceptions.
- The only stripes that will be installed by the factory are the White or Cyber Grey colored Rally stripes (dual stripe down hood and trunk).
- The Rally dual stripes are available in 5 colors (see below for the RPO code)
- The Rally stripes are the dual stripes similar to Bumblebee's style.
- The hockey stick stripes are available in 3 colors (see below for the RPO code)
- The hockey stick stripe package comes with hockey stick stripes down the side, a large stripe down the hood and trunk of the car which is about the width of the raised area of the hood, and a back panel black out treatment stripe.
- You can order a combination of any stripe combo and ask the dealer to install them any way you want ie.(Hockey stick stripes down the side and Rally stripes down the hood and trunk, hockey stick down sides only or thick stripe on hood only).
- No hood stripes run past the end of the hood (unlike Bumblebee).
- All hood stripes also run down the trunk lid.
- No stripes run along the roof (please see TXTurbo if you want some built ).
- Vinyl stripes are nothing new. Chevrolet has been putting vinyl stripes on Camaros now for over 30 years with no problems (1977 Camaro Z/28 and on).
- If Chevrolet can use 5 miles of vinyl tape on every 1981 Z/28 they made, I have complete confidence in the product they will be supplying us 25+ years later.
- Vinyl stripes can be waxed.
- Vinyl stripes can be cleared over with no problems.
Stripes installed by the factory are:
B7W - Cyber Gray Rally Stripes (car must be a 2LT or 2SS)
B7X - White Rally Stripes (car must be a 2LT or 2SS)
Stripes installed by the dealer are:
VZG—Black Rally Stripes
VZF—Silver Rally Stripes
VYZ—White Rally Stripes
VYY—Cyber Gray Rally Stripes
VYO—Orange Rally Stripes
VYQ—Black Hood and Hockey Stripe
VYP—White Hood and Hockey Stripe
VYR—Cyber Gray Hood and Hockey Stripe
If I left anything out, please let me know and I will add/correct.
Headpunter is a post whore....
Got a question about stripes? Click here -