My Order Process 10-22-08 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 10-22-2008, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

My Order Process 10-22-08

Just got back earlier tonight from placing my order for a 2010 2SS Black Camaro. It seems a little different then what others have described. I placed my order with Fox Chevy in Timonium,MD-- who I've bought from many times before, with same salesman.

But Fox Chevy is part of AutoNation-which owns/controls several hundred dealers across the US. They told me that the orders are not placed at my dealership, but at some AutoNation central site. Needless to say, I didn't receive a "Order #", but was told that I was the 2nd person who ordered a 2SS [the 1st one also ordered the RS Package].

What the dealer took, was my wishlist [And down payment] and said I'll be contacted in Nov. I believe when AutoNation/Fox tags who gets 1st dibs based on what was ordered and what is to be made available to the dealer.

Has anyone else come across this situation when placing an order? I do fully trust the dealer,just wasn't what I quite expected. And all they had for option selection was what was also available via emails/ and this website.

Either way, I'm celebrating Christmas tonight!!!! I was just hoping I would have gotten an order# that could be tracked as it progressed. Maybe this'll be available this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-23-2008, 08:19 AM

sounds a bit weird to say the least....

but in the end #2 in line at a dealership isnt bad either
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page