Camaro Allocation vs. mass production - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 Old 10-23-2008, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
Supporter of common sense

Camaro Allocation vs. mass production

I understand the initial allocation thing.

At what point will this vehicle be widely availiable to anyone who walks into a dealer to place an order?
When will dealers be able to order them as they wish for stock?

This may have been posted about in another thread, but I can't find it after a quick search. Figure a specific thread would be helpful to others as well

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 10-23-2008, 07:31 AM

Unless GM does something different with this Camaro than in the past. It will be a while if ever when there will be a good selection of them on the dealer lots. In my opinion GM seems to be a little gun shy on even producing a large amount it will be a few months if ever when you will see more than a hand full on most lots. This is how they keep hype up make sure they dont overbuild the model.
post #3 of 40 Old 10-23-2008, 08:44 AM
Veteran Member

I would say a year from now. It will take a while to fill all the orders and they would need a bit of a break to make enough inventory stock for the 2,000 dealers. Let's assume the average inventory per dealer is 5 Camaros - they would have to build 10,000 cars just for stock.

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.....it's an experience!"

Need to contact me? layssenATaol.com

post #4 of 40 Old 10-23-2008, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

So what is the projected prodcution from Oshawa on the Camaro first quarter 2009?

Second quarter 2009?

post #5 of 40 Old 10-23-2008, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDs02 View Post
Unless GM does something different with this Camaro than in the past. It will be a while if ever when there will be a good selection of them on the dealer lots. In my opinion GM seems to be a little gun shy on even producing a large amount it will be a few months if ever when you will see more than a hand full on most lots. This is how they keep hype up make sure they dont overbuild the model.
That's just a stupid policy. Piss a bunch of people off wanting to buy the car by holding them up for $2-$5 K over list, instead of selling a ton of them while the car is hot. How long have they been in business? How many consultants do they have? They can't figure out how many they need to produce?
post #6 of 40 Old 10-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Banned

I saw LOTS of 4th Gens on dealer lots.
post #7 of 40 Old 10-23-2008, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn View Post
I saw LOTS of 4th Gens on dealer lots.
So did I but I don't remember how many I saw on lots when the CF4 was first introduced

post #8 of 40 Old 10-23-2008, 10:16 AM
Banned

CF4? You lost me...

I remember that for 3 months, the "new mustang" was extremely rare and markups were ridiculous. After 3 months, the dealerships couldn't move them very fast at all (of course, we all know Mustangs are slow). My point being, it 6 months time, you could walk onto almost any lot and browse and pick your car.

Hell, the Challenger, from what I understand, is already getting that way.
post #9 of 40 Old 10-23-2008, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
So did I but I don't remember how many I saw on lots when the CF4 was first introduced
They spent a ton of money on advertising the '94 camaro with commercials and billboards. Then they stopped, and were amazed sales dropped to 50,000 on the '98's.
Every girl I've heard is crazy about this car. Build them, and they will.....come.
post #10 of 40 Old 10-23-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn View Post
CF4? You lost me...

I remember that for 3 months, the "new mustang" was extremely rare and markups were ridiculous. After 3 months, the dealerships couldn't move them very fast at all (of course, we all know Mustangs are slow). My point being, it 6 months time, you could walk onto almost any lot and browse and pick your car.

Hell, the Challenger, from what I understand, is already getting that way.
You're absolutely right, and the '93 z28s were no different. By the time the '94s started showing up, the dealer stabbings had ended. On second thought, I can't believe that with the economy the way it is now, the 10s will be any different. They'll stab the people who can afford to be stabbed again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page