LED tube light - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 10-23-2008, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

LED tube light

Has their beenany news on the blue/orange LED tube light in the interior. I heard at one point it might not happen b/c of legal reasons. I hope it does because that really makes the interior stand out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-23-2008, 08:53 PM

the interior lighting is still a GO from what i have heard...i doubt its a "driving distraction" but who knows
post #3 of 8 Old 10-23-2008, 09:09 PM

I would think that it could only be on when the car is anything but drive. Probably more of a parking experiance. Could be wrong though

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ~ Inferno Orange ~ Cyber Grey Stripes ~ Polished wheels

My Homepage
http://titanic-model.com

post #4 of 8 Old 10-24-2008, 03:17 AM

the ambient illumination works just like it does on the Cadillac CTS and Merc S Class - It is dim enough not to distract while driving. ..and it is ON while driving.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-24-2008, 05:30 AM
Veteran Member

Like GTC said above, I've seen the ambient lighting in the CTS and it's not too bright at all so there's no problem with it being on while driving.

post #6 of 8 Old 10-25-2008, 09:55 AM

I understand the lights won't be a distraction when driving, and god knows I'm all for them, I think they look amazing. But I've always been a little suspicious with how they are going to be legal in all states. I have quite a few buddies who have gotten pulled over for having a blue or amber light inside their car. The police have said that these colors are expressly forbidden inside a car. I even checked the state statutes a few years ago on this and sure enough in MI and TX what I read is that these colors are forbidden except on an emergency vehicle. I don't know if there is an intensity level at which they are legal but one was not mentioned in the statutes. Anyway, not gonna affect me as I can't afford anything more than a 1LT

Quote:
The Camaro is 100 hp past its competition. The V6 is running with the top of the competition. In other words, if these cars are the whipped cream and the lower trims are the shake, the Camaro V6 is the cherry on top, and the Camaro SS is the person eating the whole ****ed thing.
-The_Blur
post #7 of 8 Old 10-25-2008, 01:10 PM
Veteran Member

CD07, the laws you're mentioning in certain states more than likely are referring to any lighting from inside the vehicle that would be visible to other vehicles that could be mistaken as an Emergency Service Responder. The ambient lighting package in the Camaro would only be visible if you stood next to the vehicle and looked inside.

post #8 of 8 Old 10-12-2011, 04:32 AM

led tube light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonz5GEN View Post
Like GTC said above, I've seen the ambient lighting in the CTS and it's not too bright at all so there's no problem with it being on while driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page