I'm hot for my new Camaro but....... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 10-24-2008, 07:19 AM Thread Starter

I'm hot for my new Camaro but.......

It's nagging at me, and is it just me, about GM's future and more so, should I even buy a Camaro as much as I want one ? Can they build and sell a performance car in today's economy and be profitable ? What about sufficent parts replacement from suppliers ? Considering gas prices and the tightening of credit, (will I get a loan and at what rate ?)
If the Camaro goes the way of the GTO and SSR in a few years what good would that be ?
Remember the demise of the Camaro in the first place, lack of buyers.
Ford held on with the Mustang through thick and thin, GM failed to rally Camaro/Firebird.
I can buy most any part new for my 69 Chevelle, a car that's hasn't been made for 40 years. But they made hundreds of thousands of them and a market exists. If GM can't find a market for Camaro, (will it become a specialzed car like the Corvette ?) and the rest of it's cars along with every American that says they will continue to buy foreign and allow domestic cars to fail, then the future doesn't look like much fun.
What say you ?

Ordered Cyber gray/gray 1SS with automatic and black stripes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 10-24-2008, 07:43 AM
Supporter of common sense

I say if you wanta Camaro - buy one

Comparing it to the GTO is not very realistic. GM brought the GTO to US showrooms to fill a void temporarily. The GTO was not meant to be a long standing offering to the US market and the price was found to be a little steep by most and caused them to sit on showrooms until production ended and it took deep discounts to move the rest of them.

The SSR, was more of a flagship project. A real niche vehicle, first underpowered and priced too high.

GM has shown so far the Camaro progam seems to be on track for a sales success, if the economy cooperates

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #3 of 13 Old 10-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member

oh boy...another one of these threadsgeez, try and be a little optimistic.

if you want a camaro and are in the financial position to buy one, don't worry about all the other stuff. if you have good credit you'll get a loan. the credit industry will hopefully be in better shape by the spring...if it's worse, than no one will be selling any cars, not just GM.

we pretty much know the camaro will be a great car...compared to the other cars in it's "class", it's a lot of car for the money...it's basically a corvette with a back seat for the price of a mustang. the hope is that the general public will see that, and GM will learn from it's mistakes of the past.

its obvious that gas prices are going to bounce around a bit...but the current prices also tell us that the prices from the summer were just a "bubble" and it's burst. sure, maybe the prices will skyrocket again next summer...if it's that much of a worry for you, go buy a prius.

history will tell us that the economy will get better...it goes up, it goes down. most recessions don't last too long and are followed by good economic years. it's been posted before that the camaro's best sales years were during the '70's...when the economy and oil prices were also a mess...of coarse, things were different back then...but they sold A TON of camaro's.

OK dude...pick your head up...you have a camaro on order!

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 10-24-2008 at 08:33 AM.

post #4 of 13 Old 10-25-2008, 03:29 AM

..you could just buy a Honda Civic.. im sure you'll be very..umm.. happy with the milage.

Seriously - Camaro is on firm ground.. GM is supporting this car 100%
post #5 of 13 Old 10-25-2008, 03:31 AM

GO CAMARO!!! Who knows, in the future you might be able to swap out the engine for a Hemi.
post #6 of 13 Old 10-25-2008, 07:35 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
GO CAMARO!!! Who knows, in the future you might be able to swap out the engine for a Hemi.
why would you want to make your camaro slower? (and worse on gas).

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 10-25-2008 at 07:53 AM.
post #7 of 13 Old 10-25-2008, 09:58 AM

We need to create a Chicken Little emoticon for all these people whose skies are falling.

Quote:
The Camaro is 100 hp past its competition. The V6 is running with the top of the competition. In other words, if these cars are the whipped cream and the lower trims are the shake, the Camaro V6 is the cherry on top, and the Camaro SS is the person eating the whole ****ed thing.
-The_Blur
post #8 of 13 Old 10-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Get what you want and stop worrying about things you can't control!
post #9 of 13 Old 10-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Veteran Member

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #10 of 13 Old 10-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post

that rules^^^^

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page