anyone have details on WHITE - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 11-10-2008, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

anyone have details on WHITE

I AM so excited, ready to order. But I want WHITE - anyone have any details on when white will be available? I have spoke to several dealers and none of them have any information on white- other than it isn't an order option for them. I can't wait........I wanna order- but If I have to pay over MSRP I want the color I want. I would appreciate any information anyone might have. And yeah dealerships around Maryland want $5,000 over MSRP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Veteran Member

It's not going to be available until later in the model year...sorry, not sure why. AND...absolutely do not pay over MSRP...you can order from an out of state dealer if you have to.

oh, and welcome to the site

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #3 of 11 Old 11-10-2008, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Wink now i m sad!!!

when u order from out of state do u pay shipping? Yikes i don' want to wait!!! White is a basic color what is GM thinking!!! i saw some sight that said white July 2009. If that is the case they should let me order now.

thanks for the info

post #4 of 11 Old 11-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MENMYZ View Post
when u order from out of state do u pay shipping? Yikes i don' want to wait!!! White is a basic color what is GM thinking!!! i saw some sight that said white July 2009. If that is the case they should let me order now.

thanks for the info
I think you'd pay a small delivery charge, but no where near $5,000...it's worth looking into. There's 2 dealers who are sponsors on this site who I'm sure would be happy to help you.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #5 of 11 Old 11-10-2008, 10:55 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Yes, Summit White will be available in July 2009.

The reason is (as I've posted 4-5 times before):
The plant is changing Whites for model year 2010 for ALL the cars they build.
So the old white would only be available on Camaro for about 4 months, so it doesn't make sense to produce that few of a number of cars in that color.

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #6 of 11 Old 11-11-2008, 09:33 AM
AJC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MENMYZ View Post
I AM so excited, ready to order. But I want WHITE - anyone have any details on when white will be available? I have spoke to several dealers and none of them have any information on white- other than it isn't an order option for them. I can't wait........I wanna order- but If I have to pay over MSRP I want the color I want. I would appreciate any information anyone might have. And yeah dealerships around Maryland want $5,000 over MSRP
You have to be nuts or have so much $$$$$ to pay MSRP!

I will be able to buy that same car for $1000 + under MSRP a couple of months after release, maybe more with this economy.
post #7 of 11 Old 11-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Veteran Member

white?

'Winning'
post #8 of 11 Old 11-11-2008, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the info. Sorry for asking a previously ask question but I am new to this site and haven't found my way all around it.
I really want the SS when it comes out but looks like it might save me money to wait and then I can get the color I really want. You all sure know your cars!!! Thanks for being so helpful.

I have had 3 camaros and I am ready for another one!!!!
post #9 of 11 Old 11-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Veteran Member

WELCOME to the most amazing Camaro site on earth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
Facebook has sucked me into Farmtown.

What can I say I love virtual plowing.
post #10 of 11 Old 11-11-2008, 11:50 AM

White...

I have ordered a White SS/RS, but the dealer has no date for production. I'm just waiting fir the color I want, with the order in and on hold with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page