When will we get our cars? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 11-12-2008, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

When will we get our cars?

if chevy plans to start production in feb. how many cars could they build everyday. when i ordered my ss my salesmen said i should have it by march but with gm's money problems and the large amount of ss's getting ordered i think i should have my baby by june. what does anyone else think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-13-2008, 12:29 AM
Veteran Member

As long as it is before my birthday in May, I'll be happy...
post #3 of 15 Old 11-13-2008, 12:37 AM
Veteran Member

The Camaro will be delivered on time.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

post #4 of 15 Old 11-13-2008, 12:45 AM

No one knows for sure yet. Doesn't mean I can't speculate

If everything proceeds as planned, production will start on the 16th, slowly. It will ramp up over a couple of weeks time. Some of the line operators have said they can do 500 cars per shift.

As for the overwhelming amount of SS's ordered the first few weeks... Fbodfather has said that should not be an issue, the only issue would have been if the percentage of SS cars stayed at +75% for the duration. Initially GM had figured on a 50/50 split for the first few quarters, knowing full well that early pre-orders would go in favor of the SS cars.

As far as when... we have started to compare order numbers on some of the other sites, and it looks as though the alpha numeric order numbers are going in sequence. Whether or not you get your car before someone who ordered a few days before you, is anybody's guess. Orders could go in sequence, by trim level, color, region, just no way of knowing.

I ordered a 2SS/RS on Oct. 20th, again assuming that GM's money issues don't get any worse, with my above reasoning I am guessing I will take delivery sometime in April.

Hope that helps a little

Ordered: 2SS/RS Cyber Gray w/ Black stripes - Inferno Orange Interior (Eye poppin) - Hurst short throw shifter
69 Camaro Coupe - Under re-construction
2001 Silverado Z-71
2006 Evo IX Special Edition - Selling -
post #5 of 15 Old 11-13-2008, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

i ordered a 1ss in orange on oct 16th. so if everything goes like you stated then late march early april would be great.

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS AN EARLY DELIVERY!
post #6 of 15 Old 11-13-2008, 10:57 AM

I wonder if money problems could speed up delivery times? Hopefully with excellent quality control. I'm dreaming of an SSCHRISTMAS............
post #7 of 15 Old 11-13-2008, 01:35 PM

I ordered on OCT.13, but now my dealer is closing. He tells me the car will be built, but he does not know where it will go. My garage sounds good to me. We are trying to have it transfered to another local dealer.
post #8 of 15 Old 11-13-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpmaster View Post
I ordered on OCT.13, but now my dealer is closing. He tells me the car will be built, but he does not know where it will go. My garage sounds good to me. We are trying to have it transfered to another local dealer.
what dealer is it that closed?
post #9 of 15 Old 11-13-2008, 02:22 PM

Thumpmaster I hope you don't have a money deposit with these folks...or I hope they will give it back.

When are they closing?
post #10 of 15 Old 11-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texhoss View Post
Thumpmaster I hope you don't have a money deposit with these folks...or I hope they will give it back.

When are they closing?
X2! Any deposits made towards a Camaro order are the property of that specific dealership. It will not be refunded by GM if your dealership closes their doors before delivery. I would survey the options in getting your money back, Thumpmaster.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page