2010 Camaro: Just a heartbeat away - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 11-14-2008, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
Supporter of common sense

Thumbs up 2010 Camaro: Just a heartbeat away

If General Motors weathers the financial storm, its Chevy division should begin delivering thousands of new Camaros next spring.

While some model intros are facing delays, GM, so far, is sticking with its plan to send 2010 Camaros to buyers in the first quarter of 2009.

"The wait is almost over," vows Ed Peper, GM North America vice president for Chevrolet. "The return of the Camaro gives sports car enthusiasts a reason to rejoice."

A little rejoicing would be nice. There's been so little of that in the automotive industry this year. Party hats were quickly doffed after GM celebrated its centennial, perhaps because some employees recalled that the venerable Oldsmobile brand vanished shortly after its 100th anniversary.

Frankly, an America without GM seems as inconceivable as a country without Coca-Cola. The ad slogans are embedded in our folklore: the "heartbeat of America." Unfortunately, they used that jingle to sell duds like the 1987 Corsica.

For the Baby Boom generation, it's doubtful that any model is more memorable than Camaro. Chevrolet's 1967 answer to the Ford Mustang confirmed that "pony cars" were here to stay.

Now that Dodge has its Challenger on the street, it is imperative that the new Camaro be allowed to come out and play.

Camaro might not single-handedly save GM, but it will win hearts and minds. More than 600,000 prospects have requested information on the Camaro since production was announced, Chevy says.

Introducing the car on a television show called "My Own Worst Enemy" may have revealed more about GM's self-image than the Camaro, but it's hard to avoid Freudian slippage when your stock has lost 90 percent of its value and you're asking the federal government to keep your engine running.

More...

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-15-2008, 04:05 AM

I'm ready to rejoice!! Ready to see some 5th gens on the street.

post #3 of 12 Old 11-15-2008, 10:13 PM

GM, please hurry!!

Even though i'm not getting a camaro, i'm having a hard time keeping my cool. I can't wait to start seeing brand new camaros on the road!

2007 Chevy Silverado LS,
Vortec 5.3L V8
Airaid Jr. Intake Kit
Dynomax Ultra Flo Cat-Back
Factory Upgraded 3.73 Gears

post #4 of 12 Old 11-16-2008, 11:32 PM

well put!! I am a GM employee, fairly new, but sill a GM employee. I feel strongly about this company, and a brands, I have always had Camaros, or Chevy trucks, I just know the ins and outs. I can not see this country with out GM or any of the Big 3, If GM goes then that would be the worst sign of things to come.....but I believe that the die hards and some of the new will keep GM alive, and with Camaro coming back, it just might give a kick start with the Traverse and up coming Volt. GM isn't dumb, they know what needs to be done, so we might see some of our favorite brands or cars go, but as well already know, death isn't the case, Camaro came back! So for those who are in the know, and know people who are looking into cars, lead them in the right direction. Cause when you by American it stays mostly here. But be smart about buying, that is what go people in trouble last time!
post #5 of 12 Old 11-17-2008, 02:25 AM

Good write up.
post #6 of 12 Old 11-20-2008, 09:14 AM

as a life long chevy fan I am sick thinking that it may not be here or any gm products. I cant see myself bying and driving a foreign make or a ford. I was thinking last night that with gas around here in my part of texas down to $1.75 maybe some gm trucks will start being bought again. Maybe that will help a little.
post #7 of 12 Old 11-20-2008, 09:33 AM

maybe the next time the ceo's go to washington and beg for money they will fly first class instead of using private jets. if you ask me they are a bunch of idiots and thats why they are in trouble.
post #8 of 12 Old 11-20-2008, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Supporter of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by avt12882 View Post
maybe the next time the ceo's go to washington and beg for money they will fly first class instead of using private jets. if you ask me they are a bunch of idiots and thats why they are in trouble.
Wrong thread?

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #9 of 12 Old 11-21-2008, 09:08 PM

I'm not so sure GM will weather the storm, I see them going chapter 11-restructuring. Surely that has to factor the Camaro production.
post #10 of 12 Old 12-05-2008, 01:05 AM

I gotta think GM needs the Camaro more than the Trailblazer, LaCross, or Outlook. Kill off those boring rides and put some excitement in the showroom.

2012 45th SS Vert LS3
2007 Shelby GT500 - 3200 mi
2006 Pontiac Solstice - 4009 mi
1969 Buick GS400
1968 Mustang Coupe
1964 Buick Riviera
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page