A few Words about our Host......... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 Old 11-14-2008, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
THE FBODFATHER

A few Words about our Host.........

...........you know, -- as we live life each day, we get caught up in all the details and stuff that stares you in the face........and, at least to this 'ole codger' -- life is becoming more and more stressful and there seems to be less hours in a day in which to accomplish that which me must -- and want -- to do.

Thus, it's very easy to 'forget' to sometimes recognize those who do so much for us. (in this case, 'us' is you and me....)

Our good friend, Octane - (aka Tim ) has spent countless hours bringing us this fine website. I'm just not sure that we all understand not only the time committent --but the MONETARY committment -- and, frankly, the frustration and heartbreak that something like this site can potentially bring. No mistake about it, he should be very very proud of what he's created.....but there ARE, now and then, downsides.

I met "Octane" several years ago - and we started to IM each other.

What REALLY showed me the maturity -- and frankly -- what a good person he truly is -- was an occurance at the National Corvette Museum a few years back.

I won't go into detail -- I'll let him share with you if he deems it appropriate -- but suffice to say that he had some ......er.......uhmmm.........INFORMATION that was, if I were to say 'sensitive' -- I'd be accused of a gross understatement.

He could have 'sold' this information -- he could have freely 'shared' this information -- but he didn't. Rather, we talked about it and he agreed to keep it quiet. You see, he could recognize what the downside is of putting information out there that SHOULD NOT be put out there before its time.........

This, to me shows TRUE character.

In a world that suddenly honors the likes of Paris Hilton and Jerry Springer -- I find great character harder and harder to find.

.........and so I just wanted to share this with all of you.

Our good friend "Octane" is first class.........

...........top shelf........

.....................the main man.............

.............................NUMERO UNO...................

And I thank him for all he's done for me -- the Camaro Enthusiast community, and GM!

(.....and he gave us LOTS of insights as he serves as one of the "12 disciples of which there are 15")
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 11-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Veteran Member

I have nothing bad to say about octane or anyone else on this site but I understand what you're sayin Ol Codger(j/k)..err...I mean Fbod

yeah I get caught up in work and bills and ish normal adult ish.but everyone has their own way of dealing with life and all

The Induction may be forced but your humilation is up to you

5th GEN.Org's Offical Protagonist
UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
Currently with 3rd ID,2nd brig,1-64th armored battalion,d-co,2nd plt FT.Stewart,Georgia
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
post #3 of 45 Old 11-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

Definite kudos to Tim - a totally class guy!!
I know the information that he sat on for so long, and I have no doubt that it was a real challenge for him to keep it to himself for that length of time.
Most interesting was the look on the face of a particular "team member" in Milford this past May when that "team member" was informed of what "information" Tim had in his possession!

Best regardSS,

Elie

2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray
1998 Camaro SS #C079 SOLD

post #4 of 45 Old 11-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Veteran Member

CHEERS!

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #5 of 45 Old 11-14-2008, 03:57 PM

Thank you for sharing that info. about Tim. He truly does seem to have spirit and character, as well as the knowledge to back up what he is so passionate about.
post #6 of 45 Old 11-14-2008, 04:10 PM

Kudos to you Tim.
post #7 of 45 Old 11-14-2008, 04:31 PM

Tim has done a "outstanding job" with this site, and this is the only site that I'm a member of.

It reads like Tim had full control of the information he had OPSEC.

PS: Tim, when is the General going to build the Z28? I know just BSing you.

SF
Rick
post #8 of 45 Old 11-14-2008, 04:55 PM
Veteran Member

Whois Tim?

'Winning'
post #9 of 45 Old 11-14-2008, 04:55 PM
Veteran Member

Tim is a great person for what he has done with these boards. His contributions to all of us, the fans of our beloved Camaros, will continue to shine through in his dedication to maintaining this fine forum.

Scott, thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Tim, thanks for all you've done, buddy.

post #10 of 45 Old 11-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Veteran Member

Tim I'd just like to say thank you for building such a wonderful site,because of you I now have a Life(JUST KIDDING)

The Induction may be forced but your humilation is up to you

5th GEN.Org's Offical Protagonist
UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
Currently with 3rd ID,2nd brig,1-64th armored battalion,d-co,2nd plt FT.Stewart,Georgia
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page