Comments and questions from newbie - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 11-15-2008, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Comments and questions from newbie

I am in the process of getting ready to order. I think we will go with the Cyber Gray 1or2 LT with sunroof and 19" rims.

I can't believe GM started taking orders without supplying any information for the customer to help in the process. Does anyone know what the cloth seat material will look like and how dark the gray cloth will be?

I'm kind of bummed that the gage package isn't available in the lower trim levels. That's one of the few things I really liked about the interior. Can anyone tell me how much the gage package will cost as an accessory?

Do dealers know by now what their allocation will be? Couldn't get a good answer from the salesman. I don't understand that from a near bankrupt company. If they get an order build it and ship it. My dealer said if their allotment is met they will cancel all other orders How can GM let business walk out the door? I don't want to wait months just to find out I have to start over.

what about the factory stripe? Is that the two running down the hood and trunk like the early Camaro?

I plan to get the 6 Cyl with six speed manual to keep price down. I think that should make a fun driver. If I want power I have the cars you see in my signature. Sorry for long post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-15-2008, 07:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by car guy View Post
I am in the process of getting ready to order. I think we will go with the Cyber Gray 1or2 LT with sunroof and 19" rims.

I can't believe GM started taking orders without supplying any information for the customer to help in the process. Does anyone know what the cloth seat material will look like and how dark the gray cloth will be?

I'm kind of bummed that the gage package isn't available in the lower trim levels. That's one of the few things I really liked about the interior. Can anyone tell me how much the gage package will cost as an accessory?

Do dealers know by now what their allocation will be? Couldn't get a good answer from the salesman. I don't understand that from a near bankrupt company. If they get an order build it and ship it. My dealer said if their allotment is met they will cancel all other orders How can GM let business walk out the door? I don't want to wait months just to find out I have to start over.

what about the factory stripe? Is that the two running down the hood and trunk like the early Camaro?

I plan to get the 6 Cyl with six speed manual to keep price down. I think that should make a fun driver. If I want power I have the cars you see in my signature. Sorry for long post.

Welcome to the site.

I have a few answers for you...dealers (should have) found out their allocations in mid-october.

There is 2 different stripes...the rally's (hood and trunk) and the "hockey stick" down the sides. Both were used on 1st gen's.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-15-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by car guy View Post

Welcome to the forum, I'm a noob too. Nice Cars you got there, my wife just got an 08 Vette W/3LT package. I love the heated seat option and HUD.

I'm no expert on dealers but mine has known their allotment since at least October. I called my dealer and the salesmen said they wanted $5000.00 over MSRP, but if you read some of the post's on this site you will find those dealers are blowing smoke. I called another and they were more than willing to sell for MSRP, so I called my dealer back and told them I was going down to the other one to order and they agreed to order for MSRP. I stuck with the first because they are closer to me so service's will be easier. Your not the only one here going for the six and I'm sure it will scoot w/300hp but I have just got to have the LS3, Plus I think with GM's money woe's, this car has the potential to be a collectable, so I'm going to option mine out even if it seems frivilous now. Better to have it and not want it, than want it and not have it. Past experience has shown me options make a big difference in resale value.
Welcome again, I think you'll find everyone here very friendly and extremely helpful.

D.R.

post #4 of 5 Old 11-15-2008, 08:05 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

All of the information available on the Camaro is found here in the tech forums, and also at the Camaro's official website http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro

The auxiliary gauges will be available as an accessory, but they have not released the price of them yet.

All dealers know their allocation. If they say they don't know, find another dealer.
Allocation is only being done right now because production has to "ramp up" from zero to full-speed over the period of a few months. A dealer can only submit the number of orders they are allocated, but they are free to take orders for the future too.

The factory stripe package is the dual stripes down the hood and trunk, and comes from the factory either in White or Cyber Gray. They are available in other colors as an accessory, and also the hockey stripes are available in 5 colors as an accessory.

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #5 of 5 Old 11-16-2008, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the information. I can't wait till Monday to check out my dealer. I think he is trying to over sell his allotment based on his comment. Are there any forum dealers on here with allotment left?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page