Less than msrp - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 11-20-2008, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Less than msrp

Hello 5thgen.org
Do anybody know where i can get the new camaro for less than msrp if so do you do you know the estimated cost for me to get shipped to Memphis TN because im 17 years old and this will be my first car and i got $17000 in the bank to go down on the car and i dont wont to have to alot of money every month on the car because the job that i go dont pay alot and i dont get alot of hour?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-20-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgguru View Post
Hello 5thgen.org
Do anybody know where i can get the new camaro for less than msrp if so do you do you know the estimated cost for me to get shipped to Memphis TN because im 17 years old and this will be my first car and i got $17000 in the bank to go down on the car and i dont wont to have to alot of money every month on the car because the job that i go dont pay alot and i dont get alot of hour?

Good luck--I am close to Memphis also and I was able to get them to accept the College Grad discount @ MSRP and nothing more. I could not get the supplier discount or employee accepted. If you find a dealer let me know.
post #3 of 15 Old 11-20-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Hello 5thgen.org
Surely you can find something better to blow your life savings on other than a car. if I had that much money when I was your age, I'd have put a down payment on a condo.

post #4 of 15 Old 11-20-2008, 04:35 PM
Veteran Member

lrgguru,

There are two dealers here (on 5th gen) that I would talk with. Camaro Scotty is on record for MSRP (or possibly less) and he knows about shipping.

ducaticorse,

Why are you a hater? If this is what he wants, let him be.

IBM RS/SS: Vortech V3 (7.5lbs/boost) Trinity/Dyno Tune/Texas Speed LT w/Magnaflow Comp MGW Shifter/Tint/Heritage Grill/AVIC Z120 Orion Sub & Amp/Bravado Wheels (20 x9.5/11) Just fast enough ... for now!
post #5 of 15 Old 11-20-2008, 05:24 PM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
MSRP right now.

Shipping calculator:

http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5570

OR fly in and drive it home (when you're 18 of course!)

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #6 of 15 Old 11-20-2008, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

i turn 18 feb 3
post #7 of 15 Old 11-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducaticorse View Post
Surely you can find something better to blow your life savings on other than a car. if I had that much money when I was your age, I'd have put a down payment on a condo.
The way I see it, he's sitting pretty good if he's got $17K in the bank and is 17 years old. The wage issue will be in his favor as he progresses with an occupation......I think it's cool that he's able to purchase the car he really wants.

post #8 of 15 Old 11-20-2008, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

I really got 30k in the bank but im just going to put 17k down and im not going to touch the rest until i graduate from college and its been in there for about 2yrs so its gaining interest
post #9 of 15 Old 11-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I really got 30k in the bank but im just going to put 17k down and im not going to touch the rest until i graduate from college and its been in there for about 2yrs so its gaining interest
Dayum! Then definitely enjoy that Camaro, bubba!

post #10 of 15 Old 11-20-2008, 06:48 PM

Smart move boss! As long as you don't get the most expensive camaro available, throwing 17K down on the car will allow you to get a really good monthly payment plan. But just to warn you, don't be to surprised if you get stuck with a some what high interest percentage. I bought my truck when I was 19 brand new. Out the door it was $21,900, I through down 10K, and got a 7.99% interest rate, because i was young and a first time buyer. But even with that rate, my payments came out to be $240 a month for 5 years.

Luckily i was able to pay it off within a year.

2007 Chevy Silverado LS,
Vortec 5.3L V8
Airaid Jr. Intake Kit
Dynomax Ultra Flo Cat-Back
Factory Upgraded 3.73 Gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page