Question about priorities of orders - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 11-21-2008, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Question about priorities of orders

Hi,

Ok, so is it my understanding that the priority of your order is set by the dealer, and not by the ordering sysytem? If your the 10th one to place an order, but at the time of the preorder going through, the dealer wants to make you #1, can they do it (maybe you best buds or something).

I quess what I'm getting at, is that I heard in order to make changes to oyur order, you have to dump you initial order and start over. When this is done, the dealer can still keep you in line with the other orders. Is this right?

I'm going to be adding polished wheels soon, but not if it means I have to drop out of order and wait a few more months for my car. It's not worth it.

Thanks,
Sean W

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ~ Inferno Orange ~ Cyber Grey Stripes ~ Polished wheels

My Homepage
http://titanic-model.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-22-2008, 12:40 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
I dont think you will lose your spot in line. All final changes must be made by early December after that you might lose your spot. Send a message to Camaro Scotty he is a dealer and should know for sure.

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #3 of 15 Old 11-22-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Hi,

Ok, so is it my understanding that the priority of your order is set by the dealer, and not by the ordering sysytem? If your the 10th one to place an order, but at the time of the preorder going through, the dealer wants to make you #1, can they do it (maybe you best buds or something).

I quess what I'm getting at, is that I heard in order to make changes to oyur order, you have to dump you initial order and start over. When this is done, the dealer can still keep you in line with the other orders. Is this right?

I'm going to be adding polished wheels soon, but not if it means I have to drop out of order and wait a few more months for my car. It's not worth it.

Thanks,
Sean W
The dealer can do whatever they want whenever they want. Yes, if you reorder because your original order has to be "dumped" (haven't heard that but if..) they can make your priority number whatever they want up until the orders are pulled by GM. Some dealers are simply leaving everyone's priority number at 1 from what I've read. In that case, they're leaving the order of the production schedule up to GM.

To answer your question, in your "change" scenario, the dealer can change your "new" priority number to match your old one.

RJT 2SS/RS roared to life March 16th, 2009
VIN 2G1FT1EW6A9100074
ARRIVED 5/13 day 58 Safely at home-> 5/19

"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." - Barry Goldwater

post #4 of 15 Old 11-22-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaproshop View Post
I dont think you will lose your spot in line. All final changes must be made by early December after that you might lose your spot. Send a message to Camaro Scotty he is a dealer and should know for sure.
Where did you get the information on this? I was under the impression GM was supposed to call us before production to see if we had any changes.
post #5 of 15 Old 11-22-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by car guy View Post
Where did you get the information on this? I was under the impression GM was supposed to call us before production to see if we had any changes.
No one is going to call you. You placed an order, albeit a "pre"-order. If you decide you want something changed, better get to it before Dec XX when the orders are uploaded. Tick...tick...tick...

VIN 2G1FT1EW6A9100074

"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." - Barry Goldwater
post #6 of 15 Old 11-22-2008, 08:46 PM

Yea I changed my color from black to silver was no problem at all going by the dealership monday to pick up confirmation papers,They told me all changes had to be made by early December........

2SS/RS
Silver Ice/Black
MXO
20" polished wheels
post #7 of 15 Old 11-25-2008, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Well, I just made the change for polished wheels today. The dealer did not have to dump the first order and reorder it all. It surprised me because everyone else said the order had to be dumped to make changes. I have the papers that have the new changes on it with the same order number. Just wondering why others had to get new order numbers, and I didn't. Did he do it right, or did he just know how to make the changes this way?

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ~ Inferno Orange ~ Cyber Grey Stripes ~ Polished wheels

My Homepage
http://titanic-model.com
post #8 of 15 Old 11-25-2008, 08:31 PM

My dealer said he put my order in today. I didn't get the polished wheels and I think I may change my mind. I got the RS package so it comes with the 20" with the Midnight Silver.

Meh, I'll let it go through. I'm 7th in line at my dealer!
post #9 of 15 Old 11-26-2008, 06:25 AM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
A dealer may change the orders in order to get cars as quickly as possible....if there is a parts shortage that affects your car (a wheel, a color, etc) he may move an unaffected car in first to get it made. A little juggling that helps the cars flow through and keep coming.

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #10 of 15 Old 11-26-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Scotty View Post
A dealer may change the orders in order to get cars as quickly as possible....if there is a parts shortage that affects your car (a wheel, a color, etc) he may move an unaffected car in first to get it made. A little juggling that helps the cars flow through and keep coming.
Have you heard of any known constraints? Aside from V8 engines

VIN 2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page