Why GM will go under - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 67 Old 11-25-2008, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
AJC

Why GM will go under

http://www.ev1.org/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 Old 11-25-2008, 09:49 AM
Dan

I think the honarable Nate Holden can blow me.
post #3 of 67 Old 11-25-2008, 09:52 AM

"Nate Holden served four terms on the Los Angeles City Council (1987 to 2003). "

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Of course there will be conditions on the bailout.
That means GM will fail?

post #4 of 67 Old 11-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I think the honarable Nate Holden can blow me.

Nate Holden used to work with the engineering side of lunar landing modules.....WTF does that have to do with why he feels the American auto manufacturers shouldn't receive government funds (in loan form....not grants) to sustain? IMO, space exploration and lunar landing modules are one of the biggest friggin wastes of our tax dollars!

post #5 of 67 Old 11-25-2008, 09:58 AM
Veteran Member

Nate Holden...go screw

a little more optimism would be nice.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #6 of 67 Old 11-25-2008, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
AJC

GM could of been very profitable if they did not cancel the EV1 which they sold the battery rights to the oil companies. GM made a big mistake and continued to make more bad discussions like build big cars & trucks like the useless Hummer I hope GM will get it this time and make some wise discussions to build electric cars, they have the technology as it was proven in the late 90's with the EV1.
post #7 of 67 Old 11-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJC View Post
GM could of been very profitable if they did not cancel the EV1 which they sold the battery rights to the oil companies. GM made a big mistake and continued to make more bad discussions like build big cars & trucks like the useless Hummer I hope GM will get it this time and make some wise discussions to build electric cars, they have the technology as it was proven in the late 90's with the EV1.
you can't fault them too much to building SUV's and trucks, because there was a time that everyone was buying them...they just should have known that sooner or later they bubble was going to burst and should have jumped on hybrid/electric a little sooner.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #8 of 67 Old 11-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Supporting Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJC View Post
GM made a big mistake and continued to make more bad discussions like build big cars & trucks like the useless Hummer

and people bought big cars and trucks they only built what the market asked for

2010 Camaro RS SS LS3 (Bumble Bee) Vin#192 & 8 others made by GM and one Christine
post #9 of 67 Old 11-25-2008, 10:22 AM

Other reports say that car was too costly to build and the range of travel was highly impractical. The only thing to learn here is that there are flaming liberal waco environmental lovers that want the auto as we know it gone at any cost. **** the consequences. These people will force us to drive things in the future that we do not want.

Look around, global warming is a lie and the earth has in fact been cooling for several years now. I recently took a trip across country in my Corvette and all I saw was beautiful landscape and blue Sky's. The only place I saw a problem was in LA but that is a geographical problem cause by the mountains not letting the air clear where there are so may people so it builds. Hardly reason to try to change the entire world because of a local problem. Of course the real reason these people whine is they want control and power over you and the environment is their excuse to get it.
post #10 of 67 Old 11-25-2008, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
AJC

The American cars have greatly improved in the last several years. The Cadillac CTS is a great car as is the new Camaro. People have been brain washed that the foreign cars are better and they cannot break away from that, but the fact is - the American cars are just as good and better in some cases.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page