Lost Faith in GM - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 Old 12-05-2008, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Last edited by sseod; 12-08-2008 at 07:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 12-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Veteran Member

Sorry to hear that...it certainly is your right.

WHEN the Camaro gets here, it will have overcome so much crap (like those who said it would never come back, the rise of the rice, gas prices, tree huggers and now all this doom and gloom of the economy falling apart).

I try and stay positive and look at it realistically...the government simply cannot afford to let GM go under...and if they do the economy will be so much worse that our Camaro's will be the least of our worries.

SO...as always, keep the faith...and support the economy, buy a Camaro!!!

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 12-05-2008 at 02:47 PM.
post #3 of 36 Old 12-05-2008, 03:00 PM

Weather gets a bailout or files for bankruptcy they will be here the next day. If you were buying a Saturn or a lesser model you might have something to worry about in a year or so. I believe if you let some sales people change how confident you are in and scare you enough to pull your deposit, one i dont think they are the right sales people for and two, you were not very die hard in the first place . Try going to another dealership and have faith in the greatest automaker in the WORLD!

post #4 of 36 Old 12-05-2008, 03:19 PM

ssoed,

Looks like the sales staff let you and the product they are selling down. GM is going to be around and the Camaro is going to be built.

mdennis10,

reps to you!
post #5 of 36 Old 12-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA1Camaro View Post
Looks like the sales staff let you and the product they are selling down.

yeah seriously...what kind of a salesman is that?

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #6 of 36 Old 12-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Banned

Well, GM doesn't have much to do with the success of a dealer. It could be the dealer is thinking about closing it's doors. In that case, you shouldn't abandon GM, you should call Camaro Scotty.
post #7 of 36 Old 12-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Veteran Member

Myth: You are not a die hard GM fan to decide what's best for your own personal finances and pull a deposit on a GM car. Go all in and stay there no matter what happens.

Fact: Nobody knows the future. It's a gamble either way. Just because you're fiscally responsible and can be flexible enough to maintain yourself in the black (something the auto sector has a hard time with) doesn't necessarily mean you don't bleed GM blue.

I'm HOPING that sseod realizes later that his pulling of the deposit was a bad choice. But again, it's his wallet, so it's not our problem.

I'm a die hard GM fan, yet I presently have no order in for a Camaro. How is this possible with that sort of standard? If I wanted a hardtop, I'd have been there last month. But if GM said they were going into bankruptcy tomorrow, I'd have to think a bit before putting my hard-earned money on the line.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #8 of 36 Old 12-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Banned

I'll likely buy one if it's offered even after bankruptsy. My big thing is I'm not putting money down on something I haven't at least gotten to take around the block.

My plan is to drive the first SS in my area, THEN order my Camaro the way I want it.
post #9 of 36 Old 12-05-2008, 04:16 PM

From someone who's been around a loooooooong time ... things have a way of working themselves out. I know it's hard not to be pesimistic with all the crap on tv and radio, but folks in this country have always pulled together (when it really counts, like now) and worked things out. Keep the faith.
post #10 of 36 Old 12-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseod View Post
Today I spoke with my dealer where I placed my order for a 2SS back in Oct. The sales staff was less than optimistic about the future of GM. I hate to say it but because of what has been said in the "Detroit 3" testimonies in Washingon this week and the attitude of my dealer, I pulled my $1000 deposit. This was one of the most painful things I've had to do in a while. I really really want that car!!! Hopefully things will change with GM so I can feel more confident giving them 35 grand. Good luck to those of you who stay the course in hopes of delivery this coming spring.
You should let GM or Chevy know who that dealer was. They're looking for places to make cuts (like allocations) and it sounds like your dealer might be a good place to start.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page