Saturday CarShow/Parade Car pictures - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro Pictures, Videos & Photoshops Post your Camaro pictures, videos and photoshops here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 04-26-2009, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Saturday CarShow/Parade Car pictures

Decided to take my Camaro to a Carshow Saturday and decided to walk around and what popped out of the corner of my eye but a 2010 Camaro inferno orange with a sticker across the windshield that read Camaro.
I knew it looked like the cars that was in the parade just one day before so I walked over and started taking a closer look.
I didnt know who the owner was until I saw some guy around the age of 56 stand over behind the car and try and answer questions that were being asked.
like what size motor is this ? is this a Ls3 or that other motor ?
What color is this and so on lol
I was talking to someone about it at the front of the car and the owner walked up and mentioned to everyone else that I seemed to know more about the car than he did lol he still had the paper work in the car and he showed it to me which was nice of him it show that the car Turned out to be a a 2010 Camaro SS1 , No RS , L99 with the A6 automatic , Interior accent package/Grey. He said he purchased it from Classic Chevrolet of Granbury which is like 40 minutes out of Dallas / Ft worth. The owner here had more money than sense you may put it because he had no clue what he was driving but a Camaro.
He said he called his dealer told him what he wanted meaning " I want a Camaro " I just saw some orange ones in a parade in Ft worth and I want one just like the ones I saw. Since he did lots of busniess with them over the last year ( 4 car sales ) the dealer said we are not going to sell until May 6th but I got one of the exact orange camaros that where in that exact parade coming back in tonight....if you want it then I will sell it to you at MSRP. Well thats just what he did lol the guy purchased the car and drove it straight to the carshow he said he and his buddy got it up to 110 and he let off. He did say for an automatic it scared the hell out of him and the car had much more power.

Here are some pics I took............oh and btw folks as it has been said pics dont do justice for this color lol DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!! sexy car

Towards the end of the show a challenger pulled up and parked when I walked over to take a look at it the owner got out and asked where this new Camaro was he heard about over a phone call lol
He walked over looked at the Camaro rolled his eyes and said he wouldnt waste his time and left. Stock Challenger !!!!

Funniest part about the whole story after I was about to walk off one guy asked how I knew so much about the New Camaro I told him I happened to be a Camaro Fanatic however I give my props to an online message board.
2 of the guys said they were on a message board as well but didnt know quite what I was speaking of. one asked what board I was one when I said
5thgen.org they were like oh we are on that Camaro5

I took this picture to show how the orange looked...you saw more of it in this picture.

Last edited by Jekyll-N-Hyde; 04-26-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-26-2009, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

interior pics

Last edited by Jekyll-N-Hyde; 04-26-2009 at 08:55 PM.
post #3 of 15 Old 04-26-2009, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Motor Pics

I took most of these pictures to show just how much room we are given compared to 4th gens LOTS !!!!!!

You know a car is NEW when the hoses and suspension pieces still have the white labels/tags on them haha

This tag was on the bottom side of the hood on the drivers side...just took a picture and figured I would post it "shrug" lol

Last edited by Jekyll-N-Hyde; 04-26-2009 at 08:58 PM.

post #4 of 15 Old 04-26-2009, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

When they cranked the car up...I didnt know if it was running or still turned off. The L99 automatic is a Quiet Car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aftermarket please

Craftmansship on this car is 100%

Oh and I sat in the backseat......im 6ft1 195 and I was comfortable and had a little leg room to move around unlike any Camaro from the 80's to 2002

Dam I want my car now lol
post #5 of 15 Old 04-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Veteran Member

When you talk about the owner..."numbnuts" comes to mind...jeez...
post #6 of 15 Old 04-26-2009, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

He was a very nice guy but had a lot of money and didnt know anything really about the car but it was a Camaro and it could get to 110mph in a split second. They had 6 cars at the car show. Everything from a 65 gto 389 tripower car which I WANT !!!!!!!!!!!!
To a rodster to a 66 Nova.
post #7 of 15 Old 04-26-2009, 10:20 PM

Great pics!!! Thanks for showing the engine details. Good coverage !!

John

post #8 of 15 Old 04-26-2009, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfisterlevel View Post
Great pics!!! Thanks for showing the engine details. Good coverage !!

John
Ty that was one of the main reasons I took pictures. We have all seen interior shots , body shots.
Questions relained under the hood and how much room was something I had to see for myself.
putting a set of longtube headers in this car will be a Cinch
Pleanty of Room.
PLus everything else like waterneck/thermostat and etc is very easy to get to.

Great job Gm

btw folks there were NO WHEEL WEIGHTS on this cars brake calipers.
post #9 of 15 Old 04-27-2009, 07:50 AM
Supporter of common sense

Nice car - great pictures!

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #10 of 15 Old 04-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Camaro Focus Group Member

that's awesome! i'm still confused about them selling CTF VIN cars. he might not have working ambient lighting either?? more power to him for getting an early Camaro tho

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page