Re-sizing your pictures - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro Pictures, Videos & Photoshops Post your Camaro pictures, videos and photoshops here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-17-2009, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Re-sizing your pictures

I have seen several people post that they have difficultly getting pictures of their cars up because there is no easy way to resize them.

Now there are probably several hundred different ways to do this, but I have come up with one that I tell a lot of my customers who need a quick easy way to do this. The nice thing about it is you should be able to do it on any windows computer without needing any speacial software installed.

So I am going to assume you have gotten the photos off your camera and they are sitting on your computer. To make it easier, put all the photos you want to resize into 1 folder.

INSTRUCTIONS VERSION 1: 5-17-09 (I'll add pictures later to make this eaiser to follow)

- Locate the folder where your pictures are stored (either through 'My Computer', 'My Documents', 'My Pictures', etc)

- Go to the 'Edit' menu and click on 'Select All'

- While they are all selected, right click on one of them and from the menu that comes up, select 'Send To', then click 'Mail Recipient'.

- Windows will prompt you to either 'Make all my pictures smaller' or 'Keep the original sizes'. WAIT- by defult the size it creates is a little too small. Click the link for 'Show More Options...', now you select what size you want to make them, 1024 x 768 will probably be a good size. Select that and hit OK.

- It will now create a new mail message in 'Outlook Express', 'Windows Mail', or 'Outlook'. The resized pictures will be attachments to this message.

- You can now create a new folder on your computer and drag the images out of the email to this folder to get the smaller size pictures. (or if you use outlook or outlook express or windows mail for your email, you can just email them to yourself and get them from there).

- By saving them to a new folder, you preserve your original high res images and get a second copy of the resized ones. These images you just saved are now at a reduced size where you can post them online.

If you have questions or run into problems, leave a reply in this thread or PM me and I'll help you out.

-Brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-17-2009, 03:44 PM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

There is a much easier way. Create a free account at www.PhotoBucket.com and it will resize your photos for you when you upload them onto your gallery. You can even select the size to resize them to, based on pixels or file size. The photobucket account also creates simple copy/paste links that can be used to post photos on message boards.

Forged Wheel Dealer, contact me for a quote! www.DV8Motoring.com

Co-Founder, LS1Tech.com & PlanetLSX.com - 2010 Camaro SS - CGM - 2SS/RS - M6
post #3 of 5 Old 05-17-2009, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

OK.

I suppose the situations where I run into it are just people wanting to email photos and they end up trying to send a 25 MB email because they didn't resize them first.

I suppose in this situation with the purpose being to get the photos on a message board, photobucket may make more sense, especially if it will provide you the links. I haven't had a need to create an account, I knew it would host your pictures, but I wasn't aware that it would resize them for you.

-Brad

post #4 of 5 Old 05-18-2009, 11:22 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Yes, check it out. I even have my own servers and can FTP and host all I want, but I still use Photobucket. It is very simple and convenient. Even better, you can just email people links to your photos. No file size other than text!

Forged Wheel Dealer, contact me for a quote! www.DV8Motoring.com

Co-Founder, LS1Tech.com & PlanetLSX.com - 2010 Camaro SS - CGM - 2SS/RS - M6
post #5 of 5 Old 06-02-2009, 10:11 PM

Or,there is a photo editor called "Infranview".I use this program to resize all my larger photo's,plus it has a "sharpen"tool that makes your pics look really "crisp"Just do a google search,you'll find itand it's usaully free.Try http://download.cnet.com/3001-2192_4...dl-IrfanViewat Download the free C/net version

Last edited by Camarokid2; 06-02-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page