Re-sizing your pictures
I have seen several people post that they have difficultly getting pictures of their cars up because there is no easy way to resize them.
Now there are probably several hundred different ways to do this, but I have come up with one that I tell a lot of my customers who need a quick easy way to do this. The nice thing about it is you should be able to do it on any windows computer without needing any speacial software installed.
So I am going to assume you have gotten the photos off your camera and they are sitting on your computer. To make it easier, put all the photos you want to resize into 1 folder.
INSTRUCTIONS VERSION 1: 5-17-09 (I'll add pictures later to make this eaiser to follow)
- Locate the folder where your pictures are stored (either through 'My Computer', 'My Documents', 'My Pictures', etc)
- Go to the 'Edit' menu and click on 'Select All'
- While they are all selected, right click on one of them and from the menu that comes up, select 'Send To', then click 'Mail Recipient'.
- Windows will prompt you to either 'Make all my pictures smaller' or 'Keep the original sizes'. WAIT- by defult the size it creates is a little too small. Click the link for 'Show More Options...', now you select what size you want to make them, 1024 x 768 will probably be a good size. Select that and hit OK.
- It will now create a new mail message in 'Outlook Express', 'Windows Mail', or 'Outlook'. The resized pictures will be attachments to this message.
- You can now create a new folder on your computer and drag the images out of the email to this folder to get the smaller size pictures. (or if you use outlook or outlook express or windows mail for your email, you can just email them to yourself and get them from there).
- By saving them to a new folder, you preserve your original high res images and get a second copy of the resized ones. These images you just saved are now at a reduced size where you can post them online.
If you have questions or run into problems, leave a reply in this thread or PM me and I'll help you out.