VIDEO: 2010 Camaro vs. 68 Camaro / Mustang GT 500 / '72 Chevelle drag races - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro Pictures, Videos & Photoshops Post your Camaro pictures, videos and photoshops here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 06-01-2009, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

VIDEO: 2010 Camaro vs. 68 Camaro / Mustang GT 500 / '72 Chevelle drag races

This is a drag race on bridge between a 2010 Camaro and 1968 Camaro, both with the same exact options packages (both are SS / RS). The 1968 convertible Camaro is not stock however. It has a 406 cubic inch V8 with 5-sped manual and 3.73:1 posi rear end. The 2010 Camaro is stock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxJOD...layer_embedded

Other videos:

Against 72 Chevelle big block

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BSEN...=player_embedd

Against GT 500 ( notice how the Camaro hangs with the Gt500 for a while hehehe )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG8Il...layer_embedded

Last edited by Jekyll-N-Hyde; 06-01-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-01-2009, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I love that first Video !!!!!!!

There will be one of these video's made with my 69 BigBlock and my 2010 Camaro when the time gets here
I just gotta find the canidate to drive my new Camaro.....probably my Father lol im picky and dont let anyone drive my cars .

I love how the Camaro hung with the gt500 for a while lets throw in a supercharger and see this race again

Last edited by Jekyll-N-Hyde; 06-01-2009 at 04:07 PM.
post #3 of 13 Old 06-02-2009, 05:04 AM

Where the hell do you guys do this at? lol

It's looks like the Camaro only hung with the GT500 because it was spinning. Once it got traction, it pulled away.

'02 Corvette Z06

post #4 of 13 Old 06-02-2009, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenov View Post
Where the hell do you guys do this at? lol

It's looks like the Camaro only hung with the GT500 because it was spinning. Once it got traction, it pulled away.

You are correct however we are talking about a supercharged Stang and a Natural aspirated Camaro.
The Stang has a Live rear axle and the Camaro has an IRS.......amazing how the IRS has no wheel hop what so ever it plants and takes off and the stangs is left spinning the tires.
Hp isnt kicking in on the stang until you saw it starting to pull away from the camaro and thats because of the supercharger doing the work at that point.....( we knew it would since it has more hp and a supercharger its what the car is expected to do meaning the gt500) I proud to see what this Camaro did for the time it was with the Stang. Like I said lets mod this Camaro and then we will see........???????

Put a supercharger on the Camaro and then rerun this battle

Both cars around some what the same weight

Supercharger Vs Supercharger

Live rear axle Vs IRS which imo that Live rear axle should have kicked that IRS's Ass in a drag race or can we just say GM did there homework and made this IRS just right

Last edited by Jekyll-N-Hyde; 06-02-2009 at 06:09 AM.
post #5 of 13 Old 06-02-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
You are correct however we are talking about a supercharged Stang and a Natural aspirated Camaro.
The Stang has a Live rear axle and the Camaro has an IRS.......amazing how the IRS has no wheel hop what so ever it plants and takes off and the stangs is left spinning the tires.
Hp isnt kicking in on the stang until you saw it starting to pull away from the camaro and thats because of the supercharger doing the work at that point.....( we knew it would since it has more hp and a supercharger its what the car is expected to do meaning the gt500) I proud to see what this Camaro did for the time it was with the Stang. Like I said lets mod this Camaro and then we will see........???????

Put a supercharger on the Camaro and then rerun this battle

Both cars around some what the same weight

Supercharger Vs Supercharger

Live rear axle Vs IRS which imo that Live rear axle should have kicked that IRS's Ass in a drag race or can we just say GM did there homework and made this IRS just right
Comparing 'supercharger' to 'supercharger' wouldnt prove anything, the camaro comes from the factory with a larger displacement engine, and likewise the ford comes from the factory with a smaller engine but a blower.

Putting a blower on the camaro is an aftermarket setup, and it is unfair to then compare the two since now you are talking aftermarket.

What would happen if you swapped a pulley on the ford?

The argument will never end.
post #6 of 13 Old 06-02-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBFIU View Post
Comparing 'supercharger' to 'supercharger' wouldnt prove anything, the camaro comes from the factory with a larger displacement engine, and likewise the ford comes from the factory with a smaller engine but a blower.

Putting a blower on the camaro is an aftermarket setup, and it is unfair to then compare the two since now you are talking aftermarket.

Sux seeing a mustang beat a camaro. I know that car has over 500hp but still sux. Man I hope they make the Z28, doubt it but would be awesome.

Former F bodies
1979 Girlinetta Auto
1995 Blue A4 Z28
1996 Triple black M6 Z28 Conv
2000 Black M6 T/A
post #7 of 13 Old 06-02-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBFIU View Post

sounds like something a Ford guy would say.
post #8 of 13 Old 06-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Veteran Member

Ya, the Ford guys dont like it when a chevy wins comparing apples to apples.

Sold the 68
Ready for the 2010
post #9 of 13 Old 06-27-2009, 05:19 PM

wow mustang didnt really win at all
i mean that was like .2 seconds on the quarter?
post #10 of 13 Old 06-27-2009, 06:23 PM

Well......who won on the first 2 vids. Its too hard to tell from the starting line.

and BTW " Got ME SOM " is right. Thats not apples to apples. A BPU'd GT500 will prolly still smoke a Magnacharged Camaro. The argument REALLY IS never ending!!!!

and FWIW, I'm not a Ford guy so don't even go there my garage:

evn the Jet boat is GM w/454 in it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page