2011 Z28!!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro Pictures, Videos & Photoshops Post your Camaro pictures, videos and photoshops here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 Old 06-21-2009, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

2011 Z28!!!

It's obvious to see this has the iconic Z/28 Badge, which can solidly confirm one thing....

Z28 LIVES!!!

Quote:
Scan by Chevycobb

Photo looks like it's from GM's design studio. Scans are from a Camaro book at Barnes & Noble (cover had a head on shot of a red 5th generation Camaro with a black background).
Quote:
I also, notice a Silver convertible in the background, just over Mr. Lee's left shoulder, with what seem to be experimental front end designs on the wall just above the convertible's roof

Source: Camaro5

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 Old 06-21-2009, 10:15 PM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
"not at this time" - per GM

but remember, Pedders mentioned (in a very overlooked thread) they are working on 4 "very special" camaro's in Auburn Hills, MI - and one Camaro that will blow our socks off. I have a good guess about the 4 special cars (Z28's), but the ONE that will knock our socks off???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
We have found a Camaro, or should I say the Mother of Camaro has found us and asked for help! We have discussed on the forums about our involvement with GM in many departments from Chevrolet, to Pontiac, to GM Racing, to Camaro platform staff and others. We recieved a call today from GM asking for help. They are having rear springs fall out of the Camaro from other suspension manufacturers on 4
VERY SPECIAL
Camaros plus a Camaro that GM is building that will blow the socks off of everyone. Unfortunately, the world does not know about this Camaro and we cannot discuss it so do not ask!!

So Pete and I will be at a undisclosed GM facility doing a install with them present. The Xa coil overs will be going on this Camaro! When we do it, I will see if we have permission to discuss the Camaro and take pictures. Plus we will be able to test the before and after performance level. We are very excited!

So the Xa beta test Camaro is selected. Thanks to all. On a positive note, having it done on Monday, means we can get production up and running extremely fast.

Thanks to all

mike
dms

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #3 of 53 Old 06-21-2009, 10:23 PM
Veteran Member

Good stuff...

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28

post #4 of 53 Old 06-21-2009, 10:55 PM

I wish GM would spill the beans on this Uber Camaro.
post #5 of 53 Old 06-21-2009, 11:09 PM

Don't know if you guys had seen the past issue of Motor Trend that came out a couple of months back, but there was an article about it. It is built. But it's on hold. Since then when the article was printed and Obama made his speech about the GM Bankruptsy... who knows if it will get released now.

Link to article:
http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...rns/index.html

"Only problem is the Z/28 is on hold. First, GM ran out of money to finish and launch the car. Now, some inside the company are wondering whether selling a super-fast, super-powerful two-door Chevy coupe that will likely get no better than 13-19 mpg is the right thing to do for a company that's had to beg for money from a bunch of politicians who seem to think it really ought to be building gas-sipping Prius clones."
post #6 of 53 Old 06-21-2009, 11:12 PM
Veteran Member

If they build it, we will come.

Well, I won't, since it will be more than I can afford, but there will be PLENTY of people who will buy.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #7 of 53 Old 06-22-2009, 03:10 AM
Dark Side Moderator

LSA......cool.

I guess Im the only one that doesnt like the front end or that hood

Front fascia reminds me of these type of bumpers:

The hood looks like an oversize LT1 SS hood thats been molded onto the a SS/V6 hood cowl or even this:

I wish it would be more subtle and classy. Basically the route that Ford went with on the GT500 vs the GT (the differences are there and clear, but isnt loud and unforgiving the the masses).

2005 Mustang GT-4.6L 3v /M5
2.3L Whipple Intercooled, 3.25'' pulley(11psi),FRPP 62mm TB, FRPP Stinger Axleback, UPR catted X-pipe, FRPP Handling Pack, 20'' Staggered Black Steeda Spyder Wheels, NT-05 Nittos, 3.73s, Hurst Shifter, and DF Centerforce Clutch
527rwhp, 479rwtq
post #8 of 53 Old 06-22-2009, 06:04 AM

Guys want to see the Z28 in action...go see Transformers 2 this week..

Thats the Z28...its like the biggest non secret out there..GM was to launch the Z28's publicity by introducing it in the new movie from what was reported..

Now this is still the movie prop so its not 100%..but yea this is the Z28..hidden in plain sight.

1994 Z28 Autobot

I would like to thank the person that came up with these fine avatar and signature's.
post #9 of 53 Old 06-22-2009, 06:56 AM
Veteran Member

is it just me or does this look like someone photoshopped this car in the picture ?

I hope im wrong and its real . I'm just looking at the quality of the picture between the car and the background/people im scratching my head

if this is real I hope it works out for the best as we all want the Z28.

Long time no See Jinx..........welcome back to
post #10 of 53 Old 06-22-2009, 07:09 AM
Supporter of common sense

That picture is more than likely real. Remember, GM had done development of this car but it is currently still shelved. No secrets there.

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page