WARNING: Go see the color you want in PERSON FIRST - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro Pictures, Videos & Photoshops Post your Camaro pictures, videos and photoshops here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 06-27-2009, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

WARNING: Go see the color you want in PERSON FIRST

Pictures can be very deceiving. I just got back from the Carlisle car show and they had every color Camaro and as it turns out I will be officially changing my order to the color that I never even took a second look at online.... Imperial Blue Metallic is absolutely stunning in person and pictures cannot do it justice. Originally I ordered IOM and I thought I loved it according to some pictures on here but as I walked up to the Camaro's I thought the IOM was actually RED and it looks different every single time I looked at another IOM Camaro it looked different depending on exact lighting. Black is my favorite color but after 12 years of owning black I am tired of trying to keep them clean and IBM is def the next best thing for me. Also I thought I loved ABM from the pictures I saw online but it looked totally different in person not as blue as it seemed and too much greenish tint for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Veteran Member

IBM would have been my color choice, but we got my wifes HHR in IBM so I didn't want twin colors in the driveway. It's not as bad as keeping black paint clean, but almost. If you wash once every two weeks, then you'll be fine. IBM with white or Silver Ice rally and hockeys, that's the ticket.

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
post #3 of 9 Old 06-27-2009, 08:00 PM

id have to agree....i looked at the gray and i think im pretty much heart set on it now.

post #4 of 9 Old 06-27-2009, 09:24 PM

The blue does clean up nice
post #5 of 9 Old 06-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Veteran Member

Same here... I originally ordered black but then looked at the IBM in person on an H3, no Camaros out yet, and said this is it changed my order 3 days later

IBM 2SS/RS, M6, Blk Leather...
CAI, ARH Headers, Flowmasters, Diablosport tuned, Barton short-throw
Ordered 3/19 Delivered 8/12 VIN# 21970
94' Z28 sold 12/14/09
post #6 of 9 Old 06-30-2009, 04:05 PM

Good to hear since that is what I ordered with CGM Stripes. I am hoping they will be sumwhat subdued against the IBM.

Hurst Shifter / 3" Magnaflow Competition Cat-Back Exhaust / ADM Performance Street CAI / Body Color Tail Light Bezels / Headlight Armor Tail and Marker Light Kit / Fuel Rails and Plenum Cover
post #7 of 9 Old 07-05-2009, 10:45 AM

The ABM looks terrible on the car. I was dead set on ordering one in ABM, but after I saw one in person, no ah ah. I ordered mine in IBM. If you are thinking of ordering one in ABM, just look at a HHR witht he aqua, I am pretty sure it is the same color. However, if you ordered one in ABM, you would have a rare car, not that many are ordered in ABM. I am in the Detroit area and I see lots of the silver, orange, bright red and the maroon, oops, of course yellow. I saw a IBM SS in the show room 2 weeks ago, with the beige leather, very nice, ordered the same combo in a 2LT, with the RS package, (which better be on the car when I get it).
post #8 of 9 Old 07-05-2009, 01:03 PM

A lot of cars with the Metallic in the paint look 100x better in person then in pictures.

Devin Pasch
Owner/LSX Tuner
Whiplash Intense Performance
post #9 of 9 Old 07-05-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407 Driver View Post
Good to hear since that is what I ordered with CGM Stripes. I am hoping they will be sumwhat subdued against the IBM.
I saw one on a lot with that combo. Yes they are subdued and very nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page