AAC Style Oracle Knight Raider V2 RGB Light - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro Pictures, Videos & Photoshops Post your Camaro pictures, videos and photoshops here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 09-04-2010, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

AAC Style Oracle Knight Raider V2 RGB Light

My mail slot got an upgrade...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYw3zrSUBNo

The night version is coming up as soon as I can post it

Annnd, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Y-LlB3Nm0

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Veteran Member

looks awesome man! how was the install?

IBM 2SS/RS, M6, Blk Leather...
CAI, ARH Headers, Flowmasters, Diablosport tuned, Barton short-throw
Ordered 3/19 Delivered 8/12 VIN# 21970
94' Z28 sold 12/14/09
post #3 of 9 Old 09-05-2010, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by odoylerulez55 View Post
looks awesome man! how was the install?
The install was pretty easy, the cutting of the interior of the mail slot was disheartening, but in the end, it worked out just fine. I ended up with scuffs on the top edge, but I went at it like a barbarian. I'll be spending some time with touch up paint, clearcoat, and my Zaino to make ammends to my precious baby

post #4 of 9 Old 09-05-2010, 08:27 AM

can you keep it on one color and pattern or does it always keep changing?

~ Dreams do come true ~
post #5 of 9 Old 09-05-2010, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

The video is the demo mode, you can keep it at any of the setting that are displayed with any color and speed.

post #6 of 9 Old 09-05-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_SS View Post
The video is the demo mode, you can keep it at any of the setting that are displayed with any color and speed.
nough said, I'm ordering

~ Dreams do come true ~
post #7 of 9 Old 09-08-2010, 12:10 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_SS View Post
The install was pretty easy, the cutting of the interior of the mail slot was disheartening, but in the end, it worked out just fine. I ended up with scuffs on the top edge, but I went at it like a barbarian. I'll be spending some time with touch up paint, clearcoat, and my Zaino to make ammends to my precious baby
Well mines ordered... And ill figure it out when mine comes but im curious as to what kind of cutting you had to do and how it actually fastens to the mailslot. If you get a chance can you post a close up pic?

94' Z28 sold 12/14/09
post #8 of 9 Old 09-14-2010, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I'll post here what I PM'd to shawnm3. The cuts aren't that bad, just take your time and remember that it is plastic, not concrete that you are cutting

It was actually pretty easy to do, the only downside is the cuts that need to be made inside the mail slot so you can slide the light bar in. Take the top plate off (the one that's around the hood latch and radiator). Make a cut out of about 1.5 inches long on the inside of either end of the mail slot. Slide the bar in from the right side about 90% of the way and test fit (slide) the left hand side in a bit to make sure you have room to slide it all the way in, but don't slide it in yet. Once you're sure you have enough room to slide that side in, mix up your epoxy (I used regular JB Weld) and have your bar clamps and wrapped popsicle sticks ready. When the epoxy is ready, apply it to the back of the mail slot in between the factory holes, then push the light bar into the left hand hole enough to cover the last one or two LEDs. Put the wrapped popsicle sticks along the light bar on the right hand side and use one or two clamps to secure it, make sure the light bar is touching the back of the mail slot where the epoxy is. Do the wrapped sticks and clamp the left side. Leave those in place for a couple hours to make sure the epoxy has set hard enough to keep the shape of the V. I mounted the controller box on the inside of my LMR CAI heat shield to keep water off of it. I used a bit of rubber tape on the edge of the metal where the ribbon cable went down into the engine bay and after the light bar was dry and in place, I put the top plate back on. I ran the ground wire to the factory air box bolt near the driver's side strut tower, and I ran the positive wire to the positive terminal (the red thing with the cap on it) next to that same strut tower. On the positive wire, I stripped off about an additional half inch of the wire shield and strung it through several of the slots in the screw clamp. Then I put the clamp onto the positive post down low and tightened it as tight as I could get it to make good contact.

Here is a thread that I used as a model for my effort, it starts at post #23

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight+rider+aac

Last edited by TX_SS; 09-14-2010 at 08:47 PM.
post #9 of 9 Old 09-16-2010, 12:58 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the write up man, very informative. I hate the thought of having to make a couple of cuts but it is what it is. These are on backorder right now so in another week or 2 i should have mine

94' Z28 sold 12/14/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page