Modern Camaro Forums banner

Camaro hit train - The driver walks away

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  CyberPunk223 
#1 ·

from the article:
According to the news report, Darrell McCown of Conroe, Texas (the seat of Montgomery County, about 40 miles north of Houston) was southbound on FM 1485 when he lost control on a curve near the tracks and managed to cover almost 100 feet before striking the eastbound train.

8 pictures and video in the gallery

See less See more
#2 ·
It always amazes me how much can happen with these cars and the occupants are often unhurt.

****ed good design.

#3 ·
now if only we could keep idiots like him from getting behind the wheel

#9 ·
I've been to a few crashes involving Modern Camaro's and they hold up very well, passengers do well if properly restrained.

I'm not a nanny state kinda guy, but I was involved in a alcohol related crash and was hit head on. The intoxicated driver wasn't drunk, he was embalmed. It was his 4th DUI and he was driving on a revoked license. He got 4 years.

I've been to a bunch of traffic homicides and have had to notify parents that their 16yo daughter wasn't coming home, because she was killed by an intoxicated driver.

In my state Ignition Interlock Devices are now mandatory for 1st DUI convictions, I'm in favor of it. If you bypass the device you can get 120 days to 6 years and an 8 year revocation.

I have zero tolerance for folks who disregard public safety by getting behind the wheel impaired.

#11 ·
prison is fine with me but I have no issue with the wheel lock either ... even after a prison stint I can see a drunk getting behind the wheel ... with the lock they might get behind the wheel but wouldn't be going anywhere

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.