Modern Camaro Forums banner

Really want to order, but....

2K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  Big Phil 
#1 ·
I really want to stop by the local dealer and put an order in for the new Camaro, but I just can't bring myself to do it yet. There are too many unknowns at this point for me.

I hate the idea of agreeing to MSRP only to find out that in 6 months Chevy is going to offer employee pricing to all an the new Camaro. Yet at the same time I hate to not pre-order and have to wait for the 2nd round of ordering to occur once we know what incentives Chevy is going to offer.

To be quite honest, the fact that they so far are standing fast on their decision not to release the SS in blue is what's really kept me from taking the plunge anyway. My second option is Silver Ice with Black Stripes....but I see so many cars with that color combination now that it's just not enough to push me over the edge with all the other questions still looming.

1SS/RS
LS3 6-speed Manual
Dark Blue with White Rally Stripes

Is what I'm really looking for, and what would probably make me say heck with it and take the chance of ordering now and crying if a better deal comes available later.

Undecided on the Hurst Shifter. I like short throw shifters, but not a fan of the white cue ball knob and silver shifter arm. Doesn't seem to go with the rest of the interior coloring.

I know this post doesn't really have much point.....guess it's more just me rambling on and trying to convince myself one way or another. See what being pationate about a car does....it makes us crazy.

See less See more
#4 ·
Camaro

Yup no need to rush there will be enuff Camaro s out there when we are ready to buy and yes maybe blue in the 2SS, with all the blue fans out there asking for it GM hears us im sure it will happen :patriot:

#8 ·
I was in the same boat as you. I've been chomping at the bit for this car to come out, and I had my dealer all prepped and ready to take my order, but when the time came and I realized that I would need 37k, it hit me hard.

I've got 2 kids, and we've been struggling lately to make ends meet with gas being so high and everything.

I keep going over the numbers, I have 2 cars for myself, but they are old and require a LOT of TLC lately. But their payments together are $330, so I would be doubling that, as well as insurance going way up.

So, basically, I couldn't bring myself to pre-order. It was the hardest decision I've made in a while. I keep hoping I can turn things around, and when the spring rolls around, have enough to get an SS2/RS off a lot somewhere in the country.

Last week was the toughest week for me in a while. Already being overworked, underpaid, unappreciated, and then to have a dream shattered on top of that, was rough. It was hard to see other people here being excited about their orders.

</self pity>

#11 ·
I was in the same boat as you. I've been chomping at the bit for this car to come out, and I had my dealer all prepped and ready to take my order, but when the time came and I realized that I would need 37k, it hit me hard.
throw tax, title ect on there and you"ve got $40g...............just like I TOLD everyone on here. And just like also said, once people see the pricing and insurance cost they'll be dropping like flies.................I rest my case. :lol:

#10 ·
If it isn't the car you WANT, then wait. Otherwise you'll be crying about what might have been.

Only you know for sure what you're willing to compromise on or not. If you want blue, wait. I'm sure at some point, the blue will be coming...

We are waiting. We have to. Can't order a convertible yet, so, that's pretty much a given. But when that day comes, it'll be a no-brainer. It's not that I want a "distinctively new car at the time". I want a new Camaro 2SS/RS convertible when I can get it. It must be yellow, with black/charcoal interior with black hood and trunk stripes with hopefully a blade spoiler and polished wheels. That's Good enough for me.

#16 ·
well i'm in the same boat you are but i'm not going to do anything rash and Orangeskullz one of my sleeper ideas would resolve that issue with insurance:rotflmao::rotflmao:

#18 ·
I really want to stop by the local dealer and put an order in for the new Camaro, but I just can't bring myself to do it yet.
That's ok. If everyone orders one now, than who will buy the other camaros once all the orders are filled? :D

I'm waiting on the convertible myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.