The Air Force Master Blaster vs. the Electric Leaf Blower - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Appearance Interior & Exterior Options/Mods | Paint & Body | Detailing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-14-2013, 04:10 AM Thread Starter

The Air Force Master Blaster vs. the Electric Leaf Blower

In this video, I talk about the pros and cons of both the Air Force Master Blaster by Metro, and a standard electric leaf blower. I give the insight that I have from using both devices for a few years. You may find my conclusion surprising so kick your feet up and hear my take.

One thing that people like to suggest is the use of compressed air. Compressor tanks have a nasty little habit of collecting dirt and water in the bottom of them. If your compressor lines are not properly filtered and the tank and filters are not checked and maintained often, you risk the chance at sandblasting your paint with debris. NOT a smart scenario. Compressed air can also do damage to emblems and decals if you get too close to the car. Thus, I never recommend the use of compressed air to dry a car with. I know first hand how much of a hassle it is to maintain pneumatic lines as that was one of my responsibilities at the Motorola depot that I worked for years ago. No compressed air!

Another thing you must take into consideration if you plan to buy a Master Blaster is the amperage that the unit draws. You must have a 20-amp outlet to use the device at full tilt or it will shut down the line that you plug it into. It draws a hefty 19-amps on full tilt so understand that before you plug it up and turn it on.

If you decide to purchase the Master Blaster, this link on Metro's website shows all of the authorized resellers of Metro's products. Take a look at them as you may find one close to you, which will keep you from incurring shipping charges if you can pick it up locally. Otherwise, check out this link for the electric leaf blower that I would recommend.

"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-14-2013, 03:14 PM
Premium Member

Garage
My shop vac can function as a blower. I'll have to try it. Of course, I'll need to get a cord that's not all chewed up or my experiment will be a very short one!

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
I think the Master Blaster is overkill. I use the Air Force Blaster designed primarily for motorcycles. It has more than enough oooomphhh to get the car done!

Metro Air Force Blaster B3ô Motorcycle Dryer Vacuum Cleaner

Metro Air Force Blaster B3

Introducing, Metro Air Force Blaster Motorcycle Dryer!

Features Include:

4.0 Peak Horsepower (29,000 FPM) Motor
Rugged all Steel Contruction
10 Foot Heavy Duty Hose.
Heavy Duty Neoprene Blower Nozzle
Air Flow: 29,250 ft. / min.
Fan: 2 stage dual fan
Amps: 9.5 amps
Cord: 12 ft. heavy duty 3 conductor
Weight: 8 lbs
Filter: EZ change foam filter

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner

post #4 of 5 Old 06-15-2013, 03:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
My shop vac can function as a blower. I'll have to try it. Of course, I'll need to get a cord that's not all chewed up or my experiment will be a very short one!
You would be better off using a leaf blower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
I think the Master Blaster is overkill. I use the Air Force Blaster designed primarily for motorcycles. It has more than enough oooomphhh to get the car done!
That machine is HALF what the Master Blaster is. The leaf blower is more powerful for a fraction of the cost. I am of the mindset to go big or go home. With the Master Blaster having two speeds, you can bump it up to get water out of cracks and crevices. I know how much air it takes to get the water out of my mirrors and tail lights so that smaller machine would slow my drying time down big time.

"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."
post #5 of 5 Old 06-15-2013, 09:54 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
That machine is HALF what the Master Blaster is. The leaf blower is more powerful for a fraction of the cost. I am of the mindset to go big or go home. With the Master Blaster having two speeds, you can bump it up to get water out of cracks and crevices. I know how much air it takes to get the water out of my mirrors and tail lights so that smaller machine would slow my drying time down big time.
With the concentrator nozzle on it I have no problems. The car is completely dried and done in 10mins....

To each their own...

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page