GMAC Lease Trade In - Beware - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 01-26-2009, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

GMAC Lease Trade In - Beware

Read This Thread

Just a little information to protect yourself when you turn in your GMAC leased vehicle. The GM dealer that is taking in your leased vehicle does not complete a vehicle inspection form. The inspection is done by a contractor at a later date, without you present.

On September 28, 2008 I turned in a leased Chevy Trailblazer on a new Saturn Vue. My leased vehicle had some scratches on the rear quarter panel / bumper and a small chip in the windshield.

Nearly 4 months later, January 25, 2009. I received a bill from GMAC for $1800.00 for excessive wear. After calling to discuss my bill with GMAC, I was given a website to view the damage and the inspection report.

When I viewed the pictures that the inspector had taken, I was sick. Both passenger side doors were dented in with gouges running the length of the passenger side.

The vehicle was in the Saturn dealerís lot for over two weeks before the inspection took place. This damage happened after leaving my Trailblazer at the dealerís lot. I have no way to prove this though. My salesman stated that he forgot about them scratches that I had. (There were none). I left this vehicle at the dealer with the expectation that they would keep my Trailblazer safe and secure until it was turned over to GMAC.

The moral of the story, take pictures of all body panels and the interior. Have your salesman write and sign that no damage is present, or have them note what damage you do have.

I don't know how I'm going to fight this battle yet, any suggestions from any of our online dealers would be appreciated.

My dealer has no interest in my situation, he already made his money.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GMAC9.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	917   Click image for larger version

Name:	GMAC10.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	918   Click image for larger version

Name:	GMAC12.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	919   Click image for larger version

Name:	GMAC11.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	920  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-27-2009, 08:03 AM
Veteran Member

Ouch. I would say this is more of your dealers fault than GMAC. That is a bunch of crap.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #3 of 5 Old 01-27-2009, 09:11 AM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
What you said is true. And now it will be even worse, since these inspectors will no longer come to the dealership. Now the inspection is done well after your local auction staff picks up the vehicle and returns it to the GM site at the regional auction. Auction staff may pilfer the goods inside, dvd video, headphones, mats etc....so it will be even worse.

We (here) have always recommended taking photo's and / or video of your return process. I don't know if a dealer would "sign off" on anything though.

I feel your pain though, I have a leased Pontiac that had a scratch, or GOUGE develope in my front fender after I turned it in ... $800

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty

post #4 of 5 Old 01-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Resident GTO nutswinger

When you dropped of the car to the dealer, did they not look over it and make any notes about it's condition? I know that when you drop of a rental car they always check it before leaving and note any differences in appearance vs. when you got it.

If it was me, I would not have left until they noted the condition of the car.

2006 Pontiac GTO | Intake | Predator Tuned | Spintech Exhaust

post #5 of 5 Old 01-27-2009, 11:19 AM

I just turned in my wife's 2005 leased CTS and bought her a 2009. The salesman and I went over the car and he commented on its great condition. A few weeks later I received a bill for hail damage to the roof. I called the dealer and said I was coming out to look at the damage. When I got there it was gone. The saleman said he did not see any damage and that the person who wrote it up said you have to look at it almost eye level to see it. I told them to bring back my 2005 and I will give them back the 2009. To make this story short--the fee was waivered. This was my only lease and never again. When you lease you have to worry about mileage, damage, and theft to name a few. My advise-buy it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page