2010 Chevy Spark. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 02-11-2009, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

2010 Chevy Spark.

Half of the car's exterior is just headlights.lol

Quote:
PRESS RELEASE:
Chevrolet Spark: World Premiere at Geneva Auto Show

Fun and fashion add sizzle to mini-car segment
Youthful interior with motorcycle-inspired instrument cluster
Fuel-efficient 1.0-liter and 1.2-liter 4-cylinder DOHC engines

All-new mini-car with maximum attitude
The all-new Chevrolet Spark, making its world premiere at the Geneva auto show in March, is a small car designed to make a big statement. It's big on style, big on fuel economy and, like all products carrying the Chevrolet gold bowtie, big on refinement and value.

Its design breaks the mold for mini-cars and takes Chevrolet's signature styling elements to this vehicle segment in a youthful, fun and fashion-conscious way.

Spark was inspired by the Chevrolet Beat concept, the most popular of a trio of mini-car concepts that has toured international auto shows since 2007. A clear majority among 1.9 million internet voters said it was the car they wanted produced.

Exterior
The crisp lines of the five-door hatchback provide a wedge-like profile. Below Chevrolet's hallmark two-tier grille and headlamps that resemble diamond cut lines, the shape of the fog lamp housings and the "floating" lower air intake extend the sense of forward movement. Strong wheel arches accommodate up to 15-inch wheels to give the car a dynamic, ready-to-go stance.

The rear door handles are integrated into the upper part of the door to preserve the clean lines of rear quarter panel and wheel arches. In the rear, an integrated tailgate spoiler and Chevrolet's round tail lights add to Spark's appeal.

With an overall length of 3,640 mm and a generous 2,375 mm wheelbase, Spark offers a spacious cabin with outstanding leg and hip room in the front and rear.

Interior
The design of Spark's spacious cabin clearly matches its fun and fashion exterior look and functionality. A unique feature is the motorcycle-inspired instrument cluster. Mounted on the steering column, it provides easy- to- read information to the driver utilizing a combination of analog and digital displays.

With fresh colors and fabrics, exterior color schemes continue inside to Chevrolet's signature 'dual cockpit' layout and the door panels. Textured inserts flow from the instrument panel to each side of the cabin into the doors, adding another eye-catching element to the interior.

Spark also boasts a high level of interior acoustic refinements typical of larger vehicles.

Engines and safety
Sales will start in Europe featuring 1.0 and 1.2-liter 16-valve four-cylinder double overhead camshaft gasoline engines, delivering excellent fuel efficiency and low emissions.

Depending on global markets, safety equipment includes driver and passenger front air bags, front side airbags, roof rail head curtain airbags, antilock brakes and electronic stability control. Other safety features include pre-tensioners for front seat belts and three-point belts in the rear. Spark has been developed and is expected to achieve high crash test ratings.

Europe leads start of sales
Spark will be available in European dealerships early 2010, followed by other global regions. Spark is the newest in a series of all-new, globally developed Chevrolet vehicles that are defined by expressive design, refinement and value.
If they could just get rid of the bug eyes and redo the taillights, I would consider this. Also, lose the roof rails lower it, get rid of the creepy seat graphics, lose the also-creepy- dash gauges, and make a real 2 door. Just my $0.02.

It's a mini car, so it's slotted below the Fiesta, to maybe the Ford Ka and Fiat 500.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-11-2009, 02:32 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
I like it. I would buy one

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #3 of 10 Old 02-11-2009, 05:56 AM

I know it's a "Green" car, but they shouldn't paint it green.

I like it for what it is. A city car. I hope GM prices it cheap.

"40 mpg hwy" http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/11/d...-beat-w-video/

Last edited by USA1Camaro; 02-11-2009 at 06:02 AM. Reason: added link

post #4 of 10 Old 02-11-2009, 08:17 AM
Resident GTO nutswinger

God...if that's the future of cars then count me out...I'll be walking. That thing is fugly, especially in the puke green paint job.

2006 Pontiac GTO | Intake | Predator Tuned | Spintech Exhaust

post #5 of 10 Old 02-11-2009, 11:19 AM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Change the exterior to black, and the interior highlights to red, and it'd look pretty good.

I think this car should do pretty well, hopefully it is priced well.

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #6 of 10 Old 02-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

that car is not for me, but i do hope it draws some of the people that would normally consider a honda fit or some other import back to the Chevy brand

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #7 of 10 Old 02-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Veteran Member

not for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
Facebook has sucked me into Farmtown.

What can I say I love virtual plowing.
post #8 of 10 Old 02-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Veteran Member

SEXY,Drop a LS9 in there Meth injection convert to rear drive,Will have one helluva Clown car!

'Winning'
post #9 of 10 Old 02-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modsled View Post
SEXY,Drop a LS9 in there Meth injection convert to rear drive,Will have one helluva Clown car!

The Induction may be forced but your humilation is up to you

5th GEN.Org's Offical Protagonist
UNITED STATES ARMY 19K
Currently with 3rd ID,2nd brig,1-64th armored battalion,d-co,2nd plt FT.Stewart,Georgia
DOG FACE SOLIDERS HOOAH
post #10 of 10 Old 02-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Veteran Member

It looks a bit similar to my little guy... (1-litre, 3-cylinder)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page