Bob Lutz Comes Out of Retirement! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 04-01-2009, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Bob Lutz Comes Out of Retirement!

Bob Lutz Comes Out of Retirement!
Age be ****ed, Lutz delays retirement yet again.
April 1, 2009

Back on February 9th, 2009, Lutz announced his eventual retirement by the end of the year, with him moving to a senior advisor spot today April 1. GM fans globally weeped and moaned the eventual return of cars cladded with plastic with cheap interiors that would ensue from our savior leaving GM and having the bean counters take over again. GM stock plummeted to record lows. Stockholders were in a panic due to their shares were worth less then a song on iTunes. Analysts have speculated the eventual doom of GM. Saying how GM could prove viability with their product guru leaving. GMI's own senior analyst George W. Bush stated, " With today's hostile environment and the need to get off oil, I do not see how GM can develop a nuculear powered vehicle without Lutz's god like touch".

Good news everyone! Lutz has approached GMI officials to talk with us about this breaking news! He has changed his plans and will be sticking around with GM for many years to come! In an exclusive interview, Lutz reveals his reasoning of why he has decided to change his mind!

GMI: I am sure GM fans around the world are rejoicing now hearing the news that you have decided not to retire. What were your reasons to retire in the first place?

Lutz: Well, being 77 years old and being Vice President and head of product development of a major corporation is very taxing on a person of my age. While I was still dead set seeing the Volt development through the end, the board thought it was time for me to go. Also, the products I wanted to go through were being blocked by the board. Their reasons for as to why they would not green light them was a load of bollocks. Stating that a FWD Impala would be more fuel efficient then a RWD one. Even stating that the CTS, G8, and Malibu both have similar fuel economy numbers with the 3.6 V6 engine. But, they would not hear any of it. Simply, my patience wore thin and I decided to retire.

GMI: What made you decide to change your plans?

Lutz: I discovered that I still have a lot to offer to GM. But, I know the board will block anything I propose. Knowing that, I am revealing something that may shock you; I have taken over General Motors.

GMI: :silence:

Lutz: Through small investing firms buying up GM's shares, without getting noticed. As of March 15th, I have majority control of GM. I will give Fritz 60 days to see what he does. I fear he comes from the same vine that Wagoner did and I am not that confident he will return GM to viability.

GMI: That is certainly shocking information. As head of GM now, what are you going to do now to make General Motor's viable?

Lutz: Product, product, product. A company can never be viable if they don't sell anything consumers want. The Volt is still on track for a November 2010 launch and the Cruze is set to be released in the US next year as well with an estimated 45 MPG HWY. I have also resurrected the Zeta platform. As it does not make sense to underutilize the platform. Development costs are done and the platform is there to use, so why not use it? I have put the engineers on the task of making the platform lighter that will benefit all products that are riding on it currently and in the future. The DT7 on premium Zeta is back on as is the next generation V8 to replace the Northstar. It will not be the Ultra V8. The engine has had too many quality problems to sink more money into it. But, many of the technology that made it the smoothest engine in the world will be applied to the V8 that will replace the Northstar.

GMI: I think most GM fans are concerned about what the future holds for the Impala. Can you shed any light on any plans for this historic nameplate?

Lutz: You're certainly right the Impala is an historic nameplate. That is why I won't allow it to wither into history like many other great nameplates. The Impala is best remembered as a RWD car with lots of [COLOR=darkgreen ! important]power[/COLOR]. That is why I have decided to put it on an extended Alpha platform. As you reported on Monday, the current W-Body based Impala is being phased out in 2013 and the Impala nameplate will be put on hiatus. It will be resurrected around 2015 as a RWD vehicle on the new Alpha platform. I personally can not wait until this vehicle is released and I will be actively participating in its development as well.

GMI: I am sure many GM fans will be pleased to hear that. We are running out of time and we are pleased to have had you here. Thank you for coming Mr. Lutz.

Lutz: My pleasure.

As you heard here exclusively, Bob Lutz has returned and done it in a bang by taking over General Motors! Stay tuned for more details as the situation unfolds!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-01-2009, 09:44 AM

LOL! I love it!

post #3 of 7 Old 04-01-2009, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

muahaha.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

post #4 of 7 Old 04-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Veteran Member

yeah...gotta be another april fools joke.

if not...Maximum Bob to the rescue.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member

yea lol wish it was true
post #6 of 7 Old 04-01-2009, 10:31 AM

This could have only been funnier if the story read that Lutz was coming out of retirement to work with Toyota in developing their first muscle car.

2011 Synergy Green Metallic 1SS Camaro:
RS Package, White Ralley Stripes, Premium Sound.
Mods; Flowmaster Exhaust, Vararam CAI, Pfadt Sport Suspension, Budnik "Ice" Wheels, Nitto Invo tires
Upcoming Mods; Custom grill and badging.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfaholic View Post

This could have only been funnier if the story read that Lutz was coming out of retirement to work with Toyota in developing their first muscle car.

I heard he was gonna help Hyundai build a car for Nascar.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page