What is 230? We bet it's GM's moonshot--the Chevrolet Volt's mpg rating: - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 08-07-2009, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

What is 230? We bet it's GM's moonshot--the Chevrolet Volt's mpg rating:

The number 230, with an image of an electric plug outlet as the "0," is popping up in a lot of places lately--such as the virtual ad on the backstop of televised baseball games and around the Web. It also has 8-11, for Aug. 11.

More...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-07-2009, 04:09 PM

230mpg....hmmmmm

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #3 of 10 Old 08-07-2009, 04:48 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

230MPG!

Woah that would do wonders for GM's CAFE.

Maybe there's hope for the Z28 after all.

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!

post #4 of 10 Old 08-07-2009, 05:04 PM

NM... guess I should read more and talk less

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand

Last edited by Kelster; 08-07-2009 at 05:08 PM.
post #5 of 10 Old 08-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGen.org News View Post
The number 230, with an image of an electric plug outlet as the "0," is popping up in a lot of places lately--such as the virtual ad on the backstop of televised baseball games and around the Web. It also has 8-11, for Aug. 11.

More...
If it's all electric shouldn't it be infinity mpg? Does it use gas?

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
post #6 of 10 Old 08-10-2009, 07:20 PM

Not all electric:

http://www.chevrolet.com/pages/open/...future/volt.do

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #7 of 10 Old 08-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneSSRS View Post
Woah that would do wonders for GM's CAFE.
Wouldn't bet on it just yet.

That 230 in the CAFE numbers would be like a data point way away from the rest of the data points on a scatter plot. It'll only very slightly affect the where the line is drawn or in this case, what GM's CAFE number ends up at.

Its a step in the right direction for sure, but to make a difference, GM needs to flood the bottom of the market with several models of vehicles like this to really boost the CAFE numbers.

Project: 89 RS => AX/RR
post #8 of 10 Old 08-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Veteran Member

Heard it earlier in they day and everyone I talk to thinks I was full of it.. not anymore.

One funny thing I caught while flipping channels was Wolf Blitzer's 'tarded up analysis on the whole thing. Sure it'll be a hard sell.. that's why GM said they'd be eating costs for a bit until the system got on it's feet. I just laughed at the idea that "yeah there is a solution.."

You may not have a garage, but do you have an outlet on the exterior of your house? How about your apartment building? I'm sure your land lord/lady would be willing to let you plug it in after the math/costs are worked out. Boo hoo.. quit whining and think of how it'd be possible for someone without a garage to do it.

Jeez.. always looking for something.

Support MC.com peoples.. $9 bucks. Timmy needs to get that wheelchair into the 10s!

2000 Maple Red Metallic Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.
Stock: 303 RWHP / 318.5 RWTQ
1320: 14.29 @ 120.33mph
post #9 of 10 Old 08-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneSS/RS View Post
Maybe there's hope for the Z28 after all.

While 40k may be a lot up front, just think about the savings of fuel. If city dwellers can get over the fact that this is a Chevrolet, these will be flying off the lots.

Honestly, I think we're going to get to the point in a couple of years where people actually want to own a GM vehicle. This will be partly spurred by the government involvement with the company, but products like this will cement the fact that GM is the brand of the future.

I am proud to say that I have been a GM fan since I started driving. Sure, I had a few other products (93 Mustang, 94 Grand Cherokee, 02 Cougar), but I always came back to GM. I hope to some day say that I was a GM fan long before it was the "cool" thing to do

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #10 of 10 Old 08-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Veteran Member

Clearly these aren't EPA certified/ real world numbers, but the EPA is working on a new system to rate MPG of Series Hybrids like the Volt, so it may not be that far off.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page