Camaribu: Camaro Influences 2012 Chevy Malibu -InsideLine - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-11-2009, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Camaribu: Camaro Influences 2012 Chevy Malibu -InsideLine

Quote:
"WARREN, Michigan — We don't want to shock anybody, but General Motors let us peer at a good-sized hunk of its new-product future today — and from what we saw, the taxpayers might still come out ahead on that let's-loan-GM-some-money deal."

"Easily the most titillating: the next-generation Chevy Malibu. GM designers are making no secret of borrowing from the 2010 Camaro, of all things, for the critical update of the popular — and already pretty good-looking — Chevy midsize sedan. The next-gen 'Bu has a great C-pillar area extremely reminiscent of the Camaro and even more direct is a reproduction of the Camaro's Chevrolet-signature four separate blocky taillights. There's a wider stance and the rear fenders bulge Camaro-style, too."
More at the Link

One of the guys I talked to on twitter (see OC, it's pretty great ) who saw the 2012 Malibu in the flesh (and a new RWD compact Cadillac called the ATS ) said it's easily one of the best-looking Malibus since the '68.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-12-2009, 11:30 AM

Oh thats cool i cant wait 2 see it

post #3 of 6 Old 08-12-2009, 11:59 AM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Well that's kinda cool!
Camaro is the best received design in GM's history, so it's only smart to borrow design cues from it for other cars.

Looking forward to seeing the 2012 Malibu!

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!

post #4 of 6 Old 08-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Banned

I just hope it's not a stepping stone to putting the Camaro on a FWD platform....
post #5 of 6 Old 08-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
More at the Link

One of the guys I talked to on twitter (see OC, it's pretty great ) who saw the 2012 Malibu in the flesh (and a new RWD compact Cadillac called the ATS ) said it's easily one of the best-looking Malibus since the '68.
Why would they borrow from the Camaro's tail light design on the Malibu? That's just lazy... why can't they let the Camaro keep its signature look and not try to morph everything into a variant of something else (like so many Dodge vehicles)?

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-13-2009, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weland View Post
Why would they borrow from the Camaro's tail light design on the Malibu? That's just lazy... why can't they let the Camaro keep its signature look and not try to morph everything into a variant of something else (like so many Dodge vehicles)?
I don't think it's a bad thing. I just hope the trunk lid is fixed if it's a carbon copy...

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page