Chrysler has ambitions for Jeep - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 01-30-2010, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Chrysler has ambitions for Jeep

The Jeep brand has outlived every company that has owned it, and with every change in control there has been a new strategy to capitalize on the brand. Chrysler Group LLC, following bankruptcy and an alliance with Fiat SpA, is no exception.

More...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-30-2010, 12:57 AM
Veteran Member

When I was looking at new cars I was SERIOUSLY thinking about the Patriot. I love the design and looks..but it suffers from the rest of Chrysler's vehicles. It was expensive, WOEFULLY underpowered, slow, and inefficient. 0-60 in 11 seconds for the auto..and about 9 seconds for the manual. While having a 170+ HP 4 cylinder power this huge thing (including the 4wd) while getting only 22/27 MPG. Screw that.
If they put a proper drivetrain in it..I'd probably be driving one of those right now instead of a G5.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 5 Old 01-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member

Jeeps always did well because they stuck to there roots. I think these newer ones are no good. They getting away from what made them always a great brand.

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
Look at it this way, if you have "Camaro" written on your car somewhere, you're already starting with a great platform!!

post #4 of 5 Old 01-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member

The Grand Cherokee, Liberty, and Wrangler will continue to do great. Those are the core models and they are what the majority want.

Jeep went wrong when they attempted to do the cross-over thing with the Patriot/Compass twins. They are underpinned by the Dodge Caliber which certainly is not "trail rated."

Even the Commander is a bit lost.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #5 of 5 Old 01-30-2010, 07:30 PM
Veteran Member

I LOVE the Wrangler and wish Chrysler would just focus on making those 3 core vehicles better instead of branching off into more half-baked ideas.
The Wrangler with a better (more power + fuel efficient) engine would make the vehicle more worth the cost and would probably help it sell a lot more. I still dunno why they went away from I6 to the underpowered V6. :\

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page