2010 Hyundai Tiburon V8 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 08-07-2007, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Super Moderator

2010 Hyundai Tiburon V8

It turns out the car is the 2010 Hyundai Tiburon which is RWD with a V8. It looks like its aimed at the muscle cars, Camaro, Mustang, Challenger. This was the one I posted a while back when it was not yet known what this car was. http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2253

The person who wrote the story below seems kinda of an a## to me though.

http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/...v-8.html?al=99

How do you say “ambitious” in Korean? The same way you say “shark” in Spanish: Tiburon.

BY STEVE SILER, PHOTOGRAPHY BY BRENDA PRIDDY & CO. August 2007

Hyundai is nothing if not ambitious. And you’re looking at the proof: a muscle car from Hyundai. Yes, Hyundai.

Surely, few would have predicted that Hyundai, of all companies, would take a swig of the muscle car punch that’s gotten Detroit so stupid drunk in recent years. But don’t laugh. Just look at these spy photos: huge wheels, fat tires, fastback lines, dual exhausts, and most telling, distinct rear-drive proportions. Add in serious power from a high-output V-6 and quite possibly the 4.6-liter V-8 from the upcoming Genesis luxury sedan with which the new coupe will reportedly share its architecture (and which is parked right next to it in some of these shots), and even a Hemi ‘Cuda owner will admit that we’re talking about a muscle car here.

That said, from what we can tell by these shots, the next-gen Tiburon’s—it may or may not retain that name—appearance probably won’t spook too many ponies back into their stables. Indeed, in spite of its road-hugging stance and short front overhang, the new Tiburon—internally codenamed “BK”—may look disappointingly like the old Tiburon. Perhaps if people ***** loud enough, internals will decide to scrap the design and start fresh, as purportedly happened during the Genesis’ development.

Still, one thing is for sure: from a performance standpoint, the upcoming Hyundai sport coupe—er, muscle car—will pick up far beyond where even the best of today’s toothless Tibs leave off. Its price will also rise in equal measure, likely into the $23K—$30K neighborhood.

What remains to be seen, though, is just who will buy such a car. After all, it’s hard to get fans of muscle car old-timers such as the Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Camaro, and Dodge Challenger to even consider defecting to another domestic pony car, and they’d sooner shave their mullets before they’d be seen in a Hyundai. Folks shopping for sporty imports such as the VW GTI, Mazda RX-8, and the Infiniti G37, on the other hand, may be more open-minded.

1998 Camaro A4 7.06 @ 96.5 MPH NA 1.47 best 60ft
2010 Camaro Tube Chassis work in progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 08-08-2007, 12:20 AM

wow

1972 Camaro
1984 GMC swb
2013 GMC rcsb Sierra 4/7 drop w/24" American Racing Torque Thrust ST

post #3 of 18 Old 08-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Veteran Member

Hahaha, the slant-eye car has a name!
I look forward to leaving it in a cloud of tire smoke.

BK..

Baka? (not entirely sure how you spell it..but Baka is japanese for "idiot"..I learned it on the history channel, ftw.)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Last edited by Luwinkle; 08-08-2007 at 09:54 AM.

post #4 of 18 Old 08-09-2007, 06:13 AM
Supporter of common sense

Quote:
Hyundai is nothing if not ambitious. And you’re looking at the proof: a muscle car from Hyundai. Yes, Hyundai.

Quote:
and even a Hemi ‘Cuda owner will admit that we’re talking about a muscle car here
That's funny right there

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #5 of 18 Old 08-09-2007, 07:30 AM

I can't wait! Why to show every driver who buys one, thinking that Imports can be a "muscle car", tail-lights. Although I do have to admit it would get more respect from me than a Civic or another FWD import. Still Hyundai? GG thanks.

2000 Red 1SC Z28 A4 - dead for now
2005 Black GTO M6 6.0 - Split daily driver
1987 Silver Fiero GT - Split daily driver
post #6 of 18 Old 08-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Banned

Hyundai has turned into a pretty respectable car company. I got one of their new Elantra's with a V-6 when I was TDY, and that thing really hauled ass.

That being said, MUSCLE CARS ARE AMERICAN!

Look, these foreign companies can have all the cylinders they want in the smallest cars with the longest noses of the bunch, but they'll never be a MUSCLE CAR. Never. They can have SPORTS CARS, but they cannot have MUSCLE CARS. Anyone who refers to a foreign car as a MUSCLE CAR should be shot, period.
post #7 of 18 Old 08-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member

For once, I actually agree with Devryn.
Muscle cars use american muscle to push american machines.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
post #8 of 18 Old 08-09-2007, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Super Moderator

I think it would be considered a pony car more than anything. I agree muscle cars are american.

non american cars have been considered pony cars in the past but not muscle cars.

The Camaro is a muscle/pony car.

1998 Camaro A4 7.06 @ 96.5 MPH NA 1.47 best 60ft
2010 Camaro Tube Chassis work in progress
post #9 of 18 Old 08-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Veteran Member

I wouldn't even call it a pony car..I'd call it "funny lookin'".

Quote:
post #10 of 18 Old 08-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Banned

Also, to be a MuscleCar I'm going to say that you have to have a heritage that dates back to AT LEAST the 70s, preferably the 60s: Corvette, Camaro, Chevelle, Challenger, Charger, Mustang, etc.

You can't be a "newcomer" and be a musclecar in my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page