NEW DELOREAN - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 08-22-2007, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

NEW DELOREAN

Has any body see this before?

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...332/1148/rss25
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 08-22-2007, 01:50 AM
Veteran Member

I was reading that yesterday. $57,500 for a new DeLorean. Reinforced body, under carriage and more power. Man, if I won the lottery tomorrow I'd have my own, brand new time machine. Nothing like reliving the '80s for going back in time.

Still a wannabe.
post #3 of 17 Old 08-22-2007, 08:58 AM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

I'm gonna get one and drive 88mph.

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!

post #4 of 17 Old 08-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Supporting Super Moderator

I would love to see another Back To The Future. Those were some of my favorite movies.

http://www.pr-inside.com/texas-shop-...he-r203763.htm

The base price of a new DeLorean is expected to be $57,500 (¤42,567) _ roughly the same price a 1981 DeLorean would have cost in today's dollars.

1998 Camaro A4 7.06 @ 96.5 MPH NA 1.47 best 60ft
2010 Camaro Tube Chassis work in progress
post #5 of 17 Old 08-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Banned

That's ridiculous. They're cool for their "retro"-ness, but other than that, these were useless overpriced cars back then, and they're useless overpriced cars now.

Speaking of Deloreans, has anyone seen that commercial where the woman walks into an office building with a yellow suit that has some monster shoulder pads and the security guard "accidentally" says "Where'd you park the Delorean." Freakin hilarious.
post #6 of 17 Old 09-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Veteran Member

Hey man, don't diss deloreans. US laws restricted them to useless cars back in the day. They were originally meant to be sold for $12,000..with a 170hp engine and solid sport suspension. They were also one of the first cars with a form of fuel injection. Restrictive US automotive laws at the time made the price jump to like $25,000...emissions requirements killed the engine to 130hp..and ride height requirement killed the solid sport suspension.
They're works of art and the symbol of the American dream. What a guy can do with a dream..until the US gov't arrests him for drug trafficking. And despite them originally being produced in Ireland.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Last edited by Luwinkle; 09-05-2007 at 11:13 AM.
post #7 of 17 Old 09-05-2007, 01:07 PM

Hmm interesting I'd like to see what knd of "updating" they do to it. Would have definately looked better lowered down. I'd imagine they'd be fun with about 300 hp, even more fun with more hp.

2000 Red 1SC Z28 A4 - dead for now
2005 Black GTO M6 6.0 - Split daily driver
1987 Silver Fiero GT - Split daily driver
post #8 of 17 Old 09-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Veteran Member

Before they updated the website(downdated it really, it used to be a lot better..with wallpapers and the such) they had a comparison photo of their "performance" suspension..which puts it at the proper height..and the stock suspension. It looks a lot better at the ride height it was suppost to be.
The delorean company is against heavily modifying the original engines..turbos and the like. They also like keeping the original Bosch fuel injectors. Their current "high performance" option upgrades the sparkplugs, cables, exhaust, and a few other things. Some guy spent several thousands of dollars to put a Northstar V8 into his Delorean.
Well..the wallpapers are back..here's a rough comparison.
Stock suspension:

I believe this is the proper suspension:

When it was tested in Ireland, it was shown to have an awesome ride and incredible control.
My only gripe about the car is the small mini-windows that roll down, since the entire window is too big to go into the door..would make going through the drivethrough rather difficult.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Last edited by Luwinkle; 09-05-2007 at 01:30 PM.
post #9 of 17 Old 09-05-2007, 06:46 PM
I paid $5 for this title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
would make going through the drivethrough rather difficult.
You need to stop going through drive-throughs and start eating better.

But ****, that's a cool-looking car. Back to the Future memories from my childhood are gonna' haunt me now.

Formerly defunct.
post #10 of 17 Old 09-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Banned

No car from my childhood memories will ever top KITT, however, the Delorean is one of my tops, but unlike KITT, to me a Delorean HAS to have a Mr. Fusion attached to it. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page