Chevrolet picks Michigan's Tim Allen as its new voice - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 09-03-2010, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Chevrolet picks Michigan's Tim Allen as its new voice

Chevrolet has tapped comedian Tim Allen as the voice of the brand, after more than a year of searching for a new marketing theme.

More...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Veteran Member

As I loved watching Home improvment growing up I cant honestly say WOW picking a Ford man to speak for GM.

Interesting lol
post #3 of 11 Old 09-03-2010, 04:03 PM

I was just about to say, "Isn't he a huge Ford guy?"

"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants... and slide on the ice." Sidney Friedman

"A hero is made in the moment, not from questioning the past or fearing what's to come."

post #4 of 11 Old 09-03-2010, 04:06 PM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
Megan Fox wasn't available?????

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #5 of 11 Old 09-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Banned

Is he? A couple of years ago there was a show that toured his garage and it was mostly Chevy.
post #6 of 11 Old 09-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

i don't think he's brand loyal. i've seen him rockin' a Caddy Deville too. at least he's a car guy that's pretty well known among the general public.

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #7 of 11 Old 09-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Veteran Member

Shame he's going to be advertising for such a meh car though.
Cruze would be a lot cooler if they kept the 2.2L and shoved it in there. Good gas mileage...and more power.
And less parts that break.

EDIT: Just checked chevy's website..the only Cruze to come with a manual trans is the "LS"..and it has very few options...no other models can get a manual.

Another step backwards.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Last edited by Luwinkle; 09-04-2010 at 05:27 PM.
post #8 of 11 Old 09-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
Shame he's going to be advertising for such a meh car though.
Cruze would be a lot cooler if they kept the 2.2L and shoved it in there. Good gas mileage...and more power.
And less parts that break.

EDIT: Just checked chevy's website..the only Cruze to come with a manual trans is the "LS"..and it has very few options...no other models can get a manual.

Another step backwards.
Everyone wants autos. Less maintenance and more reliable. A lot of autos come with paddle shifters now too...Hell our new Taurus has a 6 speed with paddle shifters.
post #9 of 11 Old 09-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Veteran Member

Less maintenance and more reliable!?

Look up the cars that have over a million miles on them..9/10 of them are manuals.
Autos will eventually require its fluid to be changed..a lot of manuals don't even have those.

I've heard way more horror stories with autos than I have manuals.

Manual = fewer moving mechanical parts + fewer electronics = mechanically more reliable.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #10 of 11 Old 09-07-2010, 07:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
Less maintenance and more reliable!?

Look up the cars that have over a million miles on them..9/10 of them are manuals.
Autos will eventually require its fluid to be changed..a lot of manuals don't even have those.

I've heard way more horror stories with autos than I have manuals.

Manual = fewer moving mechanical parts + fewer electronics = mechanically more reliable.
You're wrong, of course. There aren't that many cars with a million miles on them, but other than your exageration, since the 80s, domestic autos have continuously lasted longer in normal driving conditions than manuals. Many would much rather have an old Camaro with a 700R4, than a Camaro with a T-5. Other than replacing the clutch every 60K miles, the T-5s had all sorts of other problems. Of course, your arguement also falls apart when you look and see that almost every car in the last 5-10 years ONLY CAME with and auto, and some of them are rocking 250K with zero transmission problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page