Modern Camaro Forums banner

Tesla sues 'Top Gear' over range claims:

793 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Luwinkle 
#1 ·
Popular British television show "Top Gear" has been sued by electric car maker Tesla Motors Inc. over a show episode that Tesla says is libelous.

More...

#2 ·
man i'm gonna have to go back through my old episodes of top gear and find this episode. i hope that top gear doesn't get sued. that is one of the best shows out there

#8 ·
I'm thinking if driven hard, the car they tested wouldn't make it anywhere close to 100 miles before running out of power. That 200 mile claim by Tesla, aside from rounding up to the nearest 10th mile, was probably accomplished by avoiding hills, variances in acceleration, at some undisclosed ideal speed.

#9 ·
Maybe I need to see the episode, but why can't Top Gear give their opinion of the fuel economy with what they actually achieved. They are not the EPA, they are a television show, Tesla can still claim its fuel mileage. Pretty much every car on the show gets picked apart to some degree.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.