Callaway Speedster - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 10-19-2007, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
See You On Course

Callaway Speedster

Why anyone would want a $305,000 car that doesn't have a windshield is beyond me. I've dreamt of being a millionaire and buying lots of cars, but I think the Ariel Atom and maybe an old F1 car are the only ones that didn't have glass in the front.

Anyways, in the article in Motor Trend, it says some neat things about the LS3, if that actually gets to be in the Camaro...

"Threatening to bust right through that impudent hood bulge is an all-alloy, 6.2-liter V-8 (the new LS3 from the 2008 Vette) that's force-fed 10 psi of boost via a three-lobe, Roots-style Eaton supercharger and an air-water intercooler-yielding 700 horsepower at 6200 rpm and 660 pound-feet of torque at 4750. Callaway says the Atomic Roo-er, Speedster-will do 0 to 60 mph in a mere 3.2 seconds and blaze the quarter in just under 11 seconds at 128 mph. Claimed top speed: more than 210 mph."

Sounds nice.

Here's the article if you are interested...
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...er_first_drive

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-19-2007, 03:01 PM

210 mph in an open cockpit with no roll bars...at least you can wear the ugly helmet so someone can carry your head back to the morgue after a crash.

$305K and the car is as ugly as sin. If/when they sell one, the Callaway guys will be laughing their @sses off all the way to the bank.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Dark Side Moderator

With 700 horsepower it better be better than "just under 11 seconds", it should be "just under 10". Hell a 505hp zo6 can do 10.8 with a CAI and DRs. I never like callaways; they always completely change the cues of the car. The only callaway i would drive would be a 9 iron.

2005 Mustang GT-4.6L 3v /M5
2.3L Whipple Intercooled, 3.25'' pulley(11psi),FRPP 62mm TB, FRPP Stinger Axleback, UPR catted X-pipe, FRPP Handling Pack, 20'' Staggered Black Steeda Spyder Wheels, NT-05 Nittos, 3.73s, Hurst Shifter, and DF Centerforce Clutch
527rwhp, 479rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page