General Motors sued for not recalling Impalas to fix spindle rods: - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 07-06-2011, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Automated News

General Motors sued for not recalling Impalas to fix spindle rods:

General Motors has been sued by the owner of a Chevrolet Impala who claims the company recalled police versions of the sedan to fix a tire-wear issue but did not recall civilian Impalas for the same problem.

More...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Supporter of common sense

Are the affected parts the same between the police version and the civilian version?

Dealership guys - call the parts department

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #3 of 8 Old 07-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Veteran Member

Do civvie Impalas have the same problem? They tend to not be driven NEARLY as hard as po-po ones.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

post #4 of 8 Old 08-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Veteran Member

GM says bankruptcy excuses it from repairs on 400K cars - chicagotribune.com

Quote:
"New GM's warranty obligations for vehicles sold by Old GM are limited to the express terms and conditions in the Old GM written warranties on a going-forward basis," wrote Benjamin Jeffers, a lawyer for GM. "New GM did not assume responsibility for Old GM's design choices, conduct, or alleged breaches of liability under the warranty."
It's kind of a pick and choose argument in a way, IMO. And while it might be found legal, it sounds pretty lame. 'We want to flaunt our heritage, but we can't be held liable for what was done in the past in pre-bankruptcy if something goes wrong.' All this talk about taking care of customers through/after the bankruptcy turned out to be pretty much hot air. Had they actually done a proper bankruptcy, I could see it. But it was a bailout bankruptcy, and smelled bad at best. And now they want to wave their bankruptcy protection around. I understand it, but the way it's being done is pretty sad. Those with early production Camaros prior to the bankruptcy...hope like heck nothing like this surfaces for you guys or they'll tell you to piss in the wind as well.

From now on, IMO, the 45th editions and 100th year stuff isn't really a 45th or 100th. They're technically a 3rd edition in both cases according to our good buddy Ben, right? If they're not responsible for any designs they've done in the past, they only have essentially a 3 model year heritage according to their lawyer.

This, coming from a GM fanboi, is telling me GM has a lot to do to convince me to continue to defend them. This tells me a whole lot about what they really think about customers who buy their products. And my opinions are not a knock on all the good men and women who work for the company. These decisions are made in the boardrooms and THOSE are the guys/gals I am losing respect for. I, for one, keep looking for a comparison that they're making strides in getting better in customer service. So far, I ain't seein' it.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Here we go again. Some butthead suing to make his fortune.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member

Once a diehard GM guy..I'm slowly becoming more and more disenchanted with them as of late.
Pushing back the much needed Silverado/Sierra updates(not to mention shelving the small turbodiesel for the 1500's..would have sold like mad)..canning the Colorado and not bringing the awesome "EVERY PLACE BUT THE US" one over..the Cruze taking a step backward with a smaller, weaker, slower engine..only manual trans on the Cruze is with the barebones LS...just to name a few out of many.
This doesn't help any, either.

[offtopic] I still dislike Ford for many reasons..but Dodge and Jeep(note I didn't say Chrysler) seem to be slowly getting their act together. [/offtopic]

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Last edited by Luwinkle; 08-21-2011 at 12:08 PM.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-21-2011, 01:48 PM
Supporter of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
Once a diehard GM guy..I'm slowly becoming more and more disenchanted with them as of late.
Pushing back the much needed Silverado/Sierra updates(not to mention shelving the small turbodiesel for the 1500's..would have sold like mad)..canning the Colorado and not bringing the awesome "EVERY PLACE BUT THE US" one over..the Cruze taking a step backward with a smaller, weaker, slower engine..only manual trans on the Cruze is with the barebones LS...just to name a few out of many.
This doesn't help any, either.

[offtopic] I still dislike Ford for many reasons..but Dodge and Jeep(note I didn't say Chrysler) seem to be slowly getting their act together. [/offtopic]
Haven't you seen the Cruze ECO? GM is doing pretty **** well in the market these days

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #8 of 8 Old 08-22-2011, 11:52 AM

The Cruze is nice little car. I test drove one just for the heck of it and was pretty impressed with it. Comfortable and quiet. I would consider one if I had to drive more than I do for work.

sicker than most.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page