2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Review - Video - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 02-19-2012, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Sponsored Editorial Content

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Review - Video

Quote:
Major refresh gains power, demands respect

With the video camera strapped to another Genesis Coupe just inches off my front bumper, I drop into second and hammer on the throttle mid corner to create a heroic moment.

What happened next could politely be described as the result of an overzealous action on my part. A less polite description might simply say I was being stupid.

Instead of a dramatic power slide, the tail of my Tsukuba Red Korean sports car slaps right around, I spin, off-track and into the dust and rocks that line the Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch outside Las Vegas.

My experience, while humbling, has also provided an opportunity to learn some important things about the updated Genesis Coupe. First, its upgraded engine now means it deserves some serious respect. And second, as much fun as the new three-stage stability control system is, off is most certainly off.

NEW LOOK CAN TAKE SOME GETTING USED TO

A lot has changed at Hyundai over the past few years. The Korean automakerís vehicles have gone from being a third rate choice, to some of the best in the industry. The brandís lineup now includes a long list of sedans and crossovers that are efficient, good looking, well priced and packed with value. Still, despite shocking the industry with the Genesis Coupe back in 2009, Hyundai is not known for building cars that are fun to drive.

Another step in changing that perception comes with a model refresh to the rear-drive, two-door Genesis; with improvements as dramatic as was the introduction of the car itself into the Hyundai lineup.

Rather than just some new bodywork, the Genesis Coupe is almost a new car. The silhouette may have remained much the same but the Veloster-style nose with a large black opening, more angular headlights and sculpted hood make the car look less sleek, although decidedly more aggressive. Originally repelled by the new look, I already prefer it.

An updated fascia is, however, an expected mid-cycle upgrade. The engine updates are not.
Read the full 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Review and watch the Video at AutoGuide.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page