New Chevy pickup gets luxury trim: High Country version will have Western flair, plen - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 09-24-2012, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Automated News

New Chevy pickup gets luxury trim: High Country version will have Western flair, plen

General Motors plans a luxury trim level for its next-generation Chevrolet Silverado pickup, its answer to the leather-swathed top offerings of its rivals.

More...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Veteran Member

The prices of trucks are getting way out of hand..... Back in 2005, I bought a fully loaded Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax Crewcab 4X4 LT with every option to include sunroof. The MSRP was $48,000 and I walked out paying $39,000 for it. You can't touch a 2500HD Duramax LTZ for that now days.....

Prices are out of hand!!
post #3 of 6 Old 09-24-2012, 02:06 PM

Trucks today are Cowboy Caddy's, pavement princesses, they are not utilitarian anymore. Just another Status symbol for people to drive..

give me a stripped down, bench seat, 4 on the floor, capable of towing 12K pounds any day over a Luxury Class Edition.

Last edited by Mr. iNCREDIBLE; 09-24-2012 at 09:56 PM.

post #4 of 6 Old 09-24-2012, 04:03 PM

$53K for a half ton truck?! Thats insane. I agree with that trucks are becoming too optioned out and less like a workhorse many of us use a truck for. I just cant see those luxury items holding up very well if it used as a truck and not grocery getter.

sicker than most.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member

If I want a 50k car it would not be a truck.. well maybe the Ford Raptor.. but when it comes to luxury give me a BMW or used Bentley.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-26-2012, 12:32 AM
Veteran Member

Several years back you could get a base model WT for $19,000 or less..now they're $23,000 for the exact same specs. It's insane.

I rather just get a old C10 or C1500 and put in a new GM Performance 350 and trans.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page