Strike at American Axle idles suppliers - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-05-2008, 03:03 AM Thread Starter

Strike at American Axle idles suppliers

The UAW strike at American Axle & Manufacturing Inc. is having a domino effect throughout the auto industry, adding to the myriad of challenges that auto suppliers already face.

More...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-05-2008, 06:19 AM

This is a sad sate of affairs, and mabye a signof things to come. they want to cut workers pay?!?!?!? i dont understand this thinking, well i do but i dont. yes i understand they need to cut cost to make money, but labor is not the way to do it. Do the mortage compinies cut their rates to help out, does the goverment cut taxes, do the service compinies reduce service rates......i think not, so how can you tell en employee they have to take a pay cut when they are living from pay check to pay check and just barley staying afloat in life. I think that sometimes big buisness needs to come down to the floor and work and survive in the "REAL WORLD" to understand what they are asking. i say good for the unionsso long as they keep its members in mind.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-05-2008, 07:21 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarodb View Post
This is a sad sate of affairs, and mabye a signof things to come. they want to cut workers pay?!?!?!? i dont understand this thinking, well i do but i dont. yes i understand they need to cut cost to make money, but labor is not the way to do it. Do the mortage compinies cut their rates to help out, does the goverment cut taxes, do the service compinies reduce service rates......i think not, so how can you tell en employee they have to take a pay cut when they are living from pay check to pay check and just barley staying afloat in life. I think that sometimes big buisness needs to come down to the floor and work and survive in the "REAL WORLD" to understand what they are asking. i say good for the unionsso long as they keep its members in mind.

$28 an hour for a job that barely requires a highschool diploma. Same reason why the UAW has agreed to a "two-tier" pay system with automobile manufacturers.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

post #4 of 4 Old 03-06-2008, 07:42 PM

the 2 teir wage system would be realistic and logical

IF

the 2 teirs are separated by a real difference in employee such as education level, training, experience, and actual performance, attendance... of the individual employee (either you are a class a employee: that knows your job inside and out, and has a related degree to prove it, makes a real difference in the workplace, ...must meet some kind of job related requirement... to earn their top teir status...

or a b type that barely shows up, doesnt know left from right, cant spell his own name, much less improve anything...)

the 2 tier system they put in place for us sucks.......... basically everyone who starts work here after today starts at 2 dollars less then the rest of us, and will not ever progress to the same level, regardless of skill level or ANY other factor.

the results of this are showing now its been less then a year, and they are firing everybody they can, with no chance of keeping a job through the union, cuz they will NOT help anyone, unless you are buddies with the bargaining committee. so now at least a quarter of us (that made between 13.50-16.00) have been removed and replaced with people that make 10.00.

sure for the company thats great..., but what about the people who will start making 2.00 less, and continue to make 2.00 less for the entire time they work there. but be expected to do the exact same job every day.

its a crock!

and the concessions that they expect everyone to take. (loose your vacations, 401k match, holidays) because the company has MISMANAGED its self into a hole, and not willing to SOLVE the problems at hand, and would rather just steal the money it needs to make back from the employees wages and retirement funds. that will bring up the moral of the people and the quality of the parts they make....

1986 Camaro Berlinetta (originally)-now a nitrous breathing 383 stroker

1992 Camaro RS - pretty much stock (only to keep its 25th anniversary edition book value)

all the other Camaros were sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page