Readers react to Phelan's review of the Pontiac G8 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 04-10-2008, 02:57 AM Thread Starter

Readers react to Phelan's review of the Pontiac G8

"True, this car has great performance for the money. But that's all you can compare it to with a BMW. BMW has that overall package, with great interiors, great technology, luxury, build quality, reliability, safety, etc. That is why the BMW will cost significantly more. But the G8 is a very nice car."

More...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-10-2008, 09:40 AM

Talking

Quote:
"Frankly, looking at the front-view photo in your column, it could just as easily be mistaken for a Vibe, Torrent, G6, GTO, or for that matter, a 4-year-old Grand Prix. Mark was generous in referring to the front end as 'familiar,' where terms such as 'clone,' 'tired' and 'same-old' would have been just as accurate."

I guess I can see where they are coming from, I mean the Vibe, Torrent, G6, GTO, or for that matter, a 4-year-old Grand Prix do all have steering wheels, shifters, pedals, radios...

Can you tell the difference?

You can check on the rep...

...second to none
post #3 of 7 Old 04-10-2008, 10:16 AM
See You On Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
I guess I can see where they are coming from, I mean the Vibe, Torrent, G6, GTO, or for that matter, a 4-year-old Grand Prix do all have steering wheels, shifters, pedals, radios...

Can you tell the difference?
Actually, I think they mean this kind of front.... and I don't know about you guys, but I thought most car companies TRY to make their front grills look the same, for product recognition. Why else would the Cayenne be so fugly?

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #4 of 7 Old 04-10-2008, 10:23 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUONCRS View Post
Actually, I think they mean this kind of front.... and I don't know about you guys, but I thought most car companies TRY to make their front grills look the same, for product recognition.
Whoops They started talking about interiors than changed the subject on me.

I agree with you, and Pontiac isn't the only car manufacture that tries to keep the front the same.

You can check on the rep...

...second to none
post #5 of 7 Old 04-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Banned

1 Series

3 Series

5 Series

7 Series

Yeah...Cuz BMW doesn't do it either.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Dark Side Moderator

^ I was about to say it. lol.

BMW is the worst for doing that. At least the fenders and bodyline vary more on a Pontiac. I still think the G8 is reasonable competition to a 5 series. Prolly more of a threat when the GXP hits the streets against the M5. I just think the little nancy boys are just getting there polo shirt collars ruffled when someone even mentions a Pontiac coming to steal there blonde and show her a real good time.

I like BMWs dont get me wrong. But this G8 has the stuff, and GXP...prolly more. I dont like being stuck with what a buy. I like to make what I buy better and customized to fit me. Whether it performance, looks, or options; the G8 will steal the cookies. The G8 prolly wont take from normally BMW customers because they prolly shopping for a name, not a car. But for those who grab the wheel and savor the experience of stepping on the throttle, feeling the torque, hearing the deep exhaust note will enjoy a G8.

2005 Mustang GT-4.6L 3v /M5
2.3L Whipple Intercooled, 3.25'' pulley(11psi),FRPP 62mm TB, FRPP Stinger Axleback, UPR catted X-pipe, FRPP Handling Pack, 20'' Staggered Black Steeda Spyder Wheels, NT-05 Nittos, 3.73s, Hurst Shifter, and DF Centerforce Clutch
527rwhp, 479rwtq
post #7 of 7 Old 04-10-2008, 02:24 PM

Exactly. I garuntee someone who has never set foot in a BMW and is unbiased comming into the equation can and will take note of a G8 if they start shopping. If you knew nothing beforehand of both vehicles the choice would probably be a very hard one to make.

I love how the little snob says it looks like every other Pontiac. So does Porsche, BMW, Benz, etc. lol clown.

2000 Red 1SC Z28 A4 - dead for now
2005 Black GTO M6 6.0 - Split daily driver
1987 Silver Fiero GT - Split daily driver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page