MARK PHELAN: Boomers' babies a Challenger market - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-13-2008, 02:23 AM Thread Starter

MARK PHELAN: Boomers' babies a Challenger market

PASADENA, Calif. -- More than just a trip down memory lane for baby boomers, the new Challenger performance coupe could establish Dodge with buyers in their 20s and 30s if the brand plays its cards right.

More...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-14-2008, 12:07 AM
Dark Side Moderator

I love how they say that most younger buyers dont know what Dodge is.

Im in my 20s and I know a lot people in my age bracket that agree with this statement:

Dodge is a bastard brand that had to have Mitsubishi technology to bail them out on multiple occasions, then they were sold as unneeded baggage by Benz, then they were bought by a American investor group and not an automotive group such as GM or Ford. They are a one legged, one armed kid trying to stay afloat in today's CAFE headlocked market. The Challenger is an attempt to spark real interest in a broader audience because the Viper was too out of reach to the average joe.

I hate how Dodge thinks they can pull a Scion. The Scion's success is not bad, but not legendary. Scion also didnt have tarnished name to throw off buyers and with a crap load for options, customizations, and design; Toyota pulled it off. Not to mention Scion price range is below 20k not 30k. Dodge try again.

Ok, now about the SRT-4. I could prolly go for SRT-4 neon when it was out; but I like sex, two doors, and couldnt get over the fact I would still be driving a jellybean. But the Caliber version is just silly. Why dont they make a SRT-6 Caravan to finish off what respect I have left for the company in general. If they want to be serious, make a Cobalt SS fighter but this time:
-two doors
-streamlined
-up the quality
-dont revive the Neon name or design to do it.
-try Stealth, Daytona, or something that true to the design (dont pull another "Charger" naming mistake)

As for how Dodge will do, who knows. But everytime I see an article of Dodge trying to be "cool", I think of a scenario of Bob Saget at a rave. It doesnt compute.

2005 Mustang GT-4.6L 3v /M5
2.3L Whipple Intercooled, 3.25'' pulley(11psi),FRPP 62mm TB, FRPP Stinger Axleback, UPR catted X-pipe, FRPP Handling Pack, 20'' Staggered Black Steeda Spyder Wheels, NT-05 Nittos, 3.73s, Hurst Shifter, and DF Centerforce Clutch
527rwhp, 479rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page