Automobile Magazine: 2009 Challenger SRT-8 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-05-2008, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Supporter of common sense

Automobile Magazine: 2009 Challenger SRT-8

"Iíll be pretty surprised if the new Camaro doesnít beat the Challenger in just about every realm, but most proud Mopar nuts will probably love this car despite its faults. "

Click HERE for the article

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-05-2008, 08:51 PM

The Chally does a impressive 0-60 time 4.7 is pretty insane for the car size.... i think GM has a challenge here LOL!
post #3 of 3 Old 05-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Dark Side Moderator

a crazy fast 13.5. wow.

This car is more in line with a LS1 GTO, maybe a LS2 GTO if the chally had a good driver.

I still havent seen one break into the 12s. And when they do, im sure the Dodge boys will be so proud

if a 6.1 chally run mid to low 13s, i hate to see what the base (r/t) V8 does with a new 5.7 (still not 400hp). low 14s to high 13s, maybe.

As for the handling, it seems to be main complaint. Hell we seen the modern Vanishing Point that found the V Point too soon. lol.

I thought the Mustang would be running behind the pack again this time, I guess not. Hell the Bullitt runs 13.7 in the low 30k range, I imagine the refit with the rumor engine will surpass that, in turn trumping the top dog Srt-8 while still in base v8 trim. Funny. GM knows it has to hand the Mustang its ass, so no worries there, but that makes the top level chally look like 40k of crap.

Just imagine the SRT-8 Super Bee vs. G8, again. Then remember the Chally doesnt subtract hardly any weigh in this scenario. The Camaro appears to be smaller than a Dodge Avenger and Mustang, so Im guessing at least a 400lbs difference from the Chally's weight. Ok, now just for this scenario:

-Base V8 Camaro (L76, at the very least they can do that)
vs.
-SRT8 Challenger

Winner: Im betting the guy in the Challenger will feel a bruised ego.

2005 Mustang GT-4.6L 3v /M5
2.3L Whipple Intercooled, 3.25'' pulley(11psi),FRPP 62mm TB, FRPP Stinger Axleback, UPR catted X-pipe, FRPP Handling Pack, 20'' Staggered Black Steeda Spyder Wheels, NT-05 Nittos, 3.73s, Hurst Shifter, and DF Centerforce Clutch
527rwhp, 479rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page