Could this be the replacement for the Cobalt? Chevy Cruze. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 07-09-2008, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Super Moderator

Could this be the replacement for the Cobalt? Chevy Cruze.

http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayS...=2&docid=46868

Chevrolet Cruze

A new name and a new design for an all-new car

Detroit - Chevrolet announced today that its all-new entry in the compact segment will be called Cruze. The new Chevrolet will make its global debut at the Paris Motor Show in early October.

Cruze was developed by a global design and engineering team and will be built in multiple locations around the world. The Cruze approaches an overall length of 4.6 meters and offers ample interior space and cargo capacity for five passengers, giving it an advantage over competition in the compact segment.

The Cruze features Chevrolet's new global design language that will continue to be a signature element for future vehicles carrying the gold bowtie. Combined with high safety standards and excellent build quality, Chevrolet will again deliver on its promise of offering a very attractive package at an exceptional value.

The new Chevrolet Cruze will be available in European markets in Spring 2009, followed by other global regions

1998 Camaro A4 7.06 @ 96.5 MPH NA 1.47 best 60ft
2010 Camaro Tube Chassis work in progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 07-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member

What!? No pictures???

Bob Lutz: "There's no doubt that a design-driven philosophy is the only one that will work. People who are not sensitive to design, people who don't care about vehicles, people who view a vehicle as an appliance, they just default to Toyota. We will never win that one."
post #3 of 15 Old 07-09-2008, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT16SPEED View Post
What!? No pictures???
I believe it is the car in the spy pics we have seen recently, but I don't know for sure.

It pretty much looks like a Cobalt size car with the new Chevy global treatment to the front end. Much like the Malibu front.

1998 Camaro A4 7.06 @ 96.5 MPH NA 1.47 best 60ft
2010 Camaro Tube Chassis work in progress

post #4 of 15 Old 07-09-2008, 03:32 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

I'm pretty sure this is it:

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #5 of 15 Old 07-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Banned

I like "Cobalt" better. "Cruze" sounds like something they'd produce for f-tards in China...Of course I guess it's not much worse than "Aveo." I do like the look of the spy shots though.
post #6 of 15 Old 07-09-2008, 10:32 PM

All I can say is that it better be as good, if not better than the current Cobalt is, or GM might lose some buyers.
post #7 of 15 Old 07-10-2008, 12:09 AM

yeah, cobalt was/is a fn joke... i had a 95 cavalier, that was WAAAAAYYYYY nicer then the 06 cobalt i rented. thought it was supposed to be a "upgraded cav"... it was a huge step down. it was very... economy... the dash was like one peice of flat plastic, the seats were weak and uncomfortable...

i would really like to be driving that cav again. it was very comfy, great on gas, and rode smooth as a breeze. and for a 2.2 i was very impressed by its pep

1986 Camaro Berlinetta (originally)-now a nitrous breathing 383 stroker

1992 Camaro RS - pretty much stock (only to keep its 25th anniversary edition book value)

all the other Camaros were sold
post #8 of 15 Old 07-10-2008, 12:16 AM

The current cobalts are pretty good cars for the class they are in and for the price...could they be better and nicer? Yes....im sure GM is working to make it better since the current ones did well in sales. Also the Cobalt SS TC is a GREAT car and I hope it stays around in whatever comes next.

post #9 of 15 Old 07-10-2008, 12:46 AM
Veteran Member

Great overall car. I saw it in Michigan about 2 weeks ago parked at a Raley's back Parking lot (don't ask me what I was doing there). I had no Camera, but the interior looks very high quality. The door trim was red, but the seat pattern was something that should have been left on paper. It looks terrible.

The taillights are ok, but I like the current cobalt coupe's lights better. The wheels don't appear to be final either. My main beef with this car is the plastic c pillar-window thingie. The car would have looked excellent without it.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
post #10 of 15 Old 07-10-2008, 07:57 AM

I Think the Cobalt is a nice car weather u get the 2.4L ss or tc its not suppose to be anything over the top its a car thats zippy and now is competing with the jap cars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page