GM's new reconfigurable performance display - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 08-31-2008, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Thumbs up GM's new reconfigurable performance display

This is pretty freakin sweet!

As of 1996, the United States requires all new vehicles to come equipped with the OBD II on-board vehicle diagnostics system. The system utilizes an array of sensors to provide feedback on engine performance in order to aid mechanics with troubleshooting as well as maintain sufficient emissions levels. The large expense of readers and loggers has kept access to the system out of range for the majority of consumers, that is until more recently. These days electronics, such as small touch screen lcds, have become a reasonable option for data displays. The aftermarket industry has already taken the jump in releasing software that integrates OBDII output to visual digital displays. Nissan even includes a fine example of the technology in the GT-R. Now GM has developed its own performance display intended for use with ECOtec engines, specifically those of the turbocharged variety, and it will be a $295 dealer installed option beginning in 2009.

GM's Reconfigurable Performance Display can illustrate a wide range of data in gauge form, such as boost, battery voltage, air fuel ratio, cam phase angle, timing, barometric pressure and even torque and horsepower (the later two likely calculated based on other parameters). The device even includes a g-sensor, so no need for hacking your Wiimote to do the job. Traction control can also be enabled and disabled through the screen, along with shift lights for individual gears. Check out the gallery below for various screen shots. While it is apparent that the display is marketed towards Chevrolet Cobalt SS and HHR SS owners, we also presume that Saturn Sky Redline and Solstice GXP owners will get the option. Unfortunately, there is no word yet on the performance display being available for the Chevy Camaro.

Man, I tell ya what... I would pay $295 in a HEARTBEAT to have that on my 5th Gen Camaro!

Full article: Autoblog Article

Picture Gallery: Autoblog Gallery

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 08-31-2008, 08:34 PM
Veteran Member

That is friggin' awesome!

I hope it's available upon release of our Camaros.

post #3 of 17 Old 08-31-2008, 08:40 PM

+1

That needs to be available on the Camaro.

post #4 of 17 Old 08-31-2008, 09:52 PM
Veteran Member

Like a built in dyno.

Sorta.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 17 Old 08-31-2008, 09:56 PM

Thats a pretty cool gadget.

2000 Red 1SC Z28 A4 - dead for now
2005 Black GTO M6 6.0 - Split daily driver
1987 Silver Fiero GT - Split daily driver
post #6 of 17 Old 08-31-2008, 10:41 PM

Now, GM should offer ports on the side for say, chips(for lack of better term) ALDL, computer, whatever to tune these things easier, not that it is hard....

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #7 of 17 Old 08-31-2008, 11:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
Now, GM should offer ports on the side for say, chips(for lack of better term) ALDL, computer, whatever to tune these things easier, not that it is hard....
Is it bad that when you said "chips" I actually thought of...well...chips?
A Pringles holder would be badass.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #8 of 17 Old 09-01-2008, 12:23 AM

I didnt read the thread but its in the cobalt and will more then likely not be in the camaro ill put money on that. when I ordered my cobalt I got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranknBeans View Post
I don't care who the F you are. . . She needs kicked right in the "C" for standing on the car. .
post #9 of 17 Old 09-01-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitr0Racing21 View Post
I didnt read the thread but its in the cobalt and will more then likely not be in the camaro ill put money on that. when I ordered my cobalt I got it
How does a $100 sound?

LULU.... have you had the new Avocado Pepper Pringles......OMG I am in love with a chip!

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.

Last edited by 54inches; 09-01-2008 at 06:09 PM. Reason: I have fat fingers and cannot spell!
post #10 of 17 Old 09-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Veteran Member

nifty.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page