Super Vette Spied! Again!: Chevy’s 650-hp Corvette SS caught heading in for EPA testing - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 11-07-2006, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Super Vette Spied! Again!: Chevy’s 650-hp Corvette SS caught heading in for EPA testing

Not even a month has passed since we first reported on Chevrolet’s plans for a super Corvette, a halo model well in excess of the already superb Z06.

More...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 11-07-2006, 05:20 PM

...7.0l SUPERCHARGED would be better probably push 700hp...i hope this vette isint that much more then a z06 its a smaller engine supercharged -_-...if anything it should be cheaper haha
post #3 of 14 Old 11-08-2006, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
...7.0l SUPERCHARGED would be better probably push 700hp...i hope this vette isint that much more then a z06 its a smaller engine supercharged -_-...if anything it should be cheaper haha
you really think its just reaching the 650HP mark or its over it..I bet its got 680+ but its a consevative number..
and 650 vs. 505 HP???
It will be alot more..its more than just the engine..and though smaller packs quite a punch..bigger is not always better..they might of gone with a smaller engine to balance out the weight of the supercharger and the handeling they were going for..more at steak than just 1/4 here..this cars going for the gold in speed..and price..heck the Z06 right now is a bargain at 70K and nearly dominates everything out there..

1994 Z28 Autobot

I would like to thank the person that came up with these fine avatar and signature's.

post #4 of 14 Old 11-08-2006, 07:29 AM

This Blue Devil thing has me drooling in my sleep...

Good stuff
post #5 of 14 Old 11-08-2006, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caps94ZODG View Post
you really think its just reaching the 650HP mark or its over it..I bet its got 680+ but its a consevative number..
and 650 vs. 505 HP???
It will be alot more..its more than just the engine..and though smaller packs quite a punch..bigger is not always better..they might of gone with a smaller engine to balance out the weight of the supercharger and the handeling they were going for..more at steak than just 1/4 here..this cars going for the gold in speed..and price..heck the Z06 right now is a bargain at 70K and nearly dominates everything out there..
good point about the balance weight thing...but since u are getting a smaller engine i think this car shouldint be no 100,000 ..ill go buy a z06 supercharge it or turbo for same price and kill the ss/stingray or whatever it is...i hope its around same price as a viper lol so it can make the viper look like a pile haha
post #6 of 14 Old 11-09-2006, 05:36 AM
Supporter of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
good point about the balance weight thing...but since u are getting a smaller engine i think this car shouldint be no 100,000 ..ill go buy a z06 supercharge it or turbo for same price and kill the ss/stingray or whatever it is...i hope its around same price as a viper lol so it can make the viper look like a pile haha
I'm sure the new Vette is more than just a different motor, look for many other upgrades over the Z06 via suspension, chassis, etc

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #7 of 14 Old 11-09-2006, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
I'm sure the new Vette is more than just a different motor, look for many other upgrades over the Z06 via suspension, chassis, etc
yeah i hope this new vette is gonna have more then just a new engine haha....this thing should destroy a fordgt~!
post #8 of 14 Old 11-09-2006, 06:06 PM

There's no way they could get a 7L blown motor emissions certified.
post #9 of 14 Old 11-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Supporter of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 96 WS6 View Post
There's no way they could get a 7L blown motor emissions certified.
Why not?
That car is coming to showrooms

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #10 of 14 Old 11-10-2006, 06:25 AM

You're telling me the LS7 is getting a blower? I call bull**** on that

The naturally aspirated version barely gets through EPA certification, not to mention the gas guzzler tax. I stand by my statement there is no way a supercharged LS7 would be emission certified.

the "SS" Corvette is a 6.2L supercharged, not a 7.0L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page