LOAN PROGRAM'S ADMINISTRATOR: Q&A: Job won't be feared auto czar - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 12-09-2008, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

LOAN PROGRAM'S ADMINISTRATOR: Q&A: Job won't be feared auto czar

The legislation that could save the American auto industry with emergency loans of $15 billion or so puts much of the authority for overseeing that loan program into the hands of an administrator known in the bill as the "the president's designee." From the draft legislation, here's what we know about the position:

More...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-09-2008, 09:52 AM

The more I look at this pending bill, the more I get worried for GM, and us as loyal GM buyers. I've been for the bailout for a while now, but honestly, the more that comes out about it, the more I'm thinking bankruptcy is the safer way to go for GM. I think this has been covered before, but it would take care of the UAW problems, which really is the big problem here. They would be able to bounce back and quickly, where as the effects of this bailout will effect them for years.....probably even over a decade. This amount of government involvement is just scary, and it should be. The government now has the abilitly to buy into GM, there's this car czar guy, and the removal of lawsuits against state emission regulations. I'm not the most politcal person, and I would never claim to be. This is just my opinion, and its stems from my concern for GM.

I would be willing to wait an extra few months for a Camaro, as long as I know GM will be the continuing great company for years to come.

2011 Synergy Green Metallic 1SS Camaro:
RS Package, White Ralley Stripes, Premium Sound.
Mods; Flowmaster Exhaust, Vararam CAI, Pfadt Sport Suspension, Budnik "Ice" Wheels, Nitto Invo tires
Upcoming Mods; Custom grill and badging.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page