What has 355 horsepower and looks like a Ford Flex? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Automotive Industry News For General Auto Industry news other than Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 01-10-2009, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

What has 355 horsepower and looks like a Ford Flex?

sorry guys. It's the Detroit auto show. I can't help posting stuff.lol

The ecoboost ford flex gets 22 MPG with a decidedly high-for-it's-class 355 horsepower.

355 horsepower (@ 5,700 rpm) and 350 lb-ft of torque (@ 3,500 rpm).

Not to mention, the new Taurus is bound to have the same specs:

Kinda makes the Impala look outdated (but any car makes the Impala look outdated.)

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Veteran Member

the new taurus looks pretty good (tons better than their focus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
Facebook has sucked me into Farmtown.

What can I say I love virtual plowing.
post #3 of 10 Old 01-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrent View Post
Kinda makes the Impala look outdated (but any car makes the Impala look outdated.)
This is why the Impala needs to be the G8 twin. Does Pontiac even need to continue to exist if we have an Impala like that?

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28

post #4 of 10 Old 01-10-2009, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
This is why the Impala needs to be the G8 twin. Does Pontiac even need to continue to exist if we have an Impala like that?
No not really, but I like totally love Pontiac. I know they can make good cars, but dammit they need to start doing so. They started with the G8. Now it'll be canceled in a few years. The G8ST hasn't even made it to the market and it's dead already. (it not even doa because it didn't even arrive) the G6 isn't that bad looking, but the looks are dated and the interior feels like they melted an 80's IBM computer. and spread it all over the dash. The Vibe is a toyota. the G3 is a daewoo, and the Torrent is a frickin rebadged equinox. The G5 is a somewhat snappier Cobalt, but doesn't have the GXP powertrain cribbed from the SS Cobalt, so it's useless. (no offense Lu .) what happened to 'we build excitement?' All you guys got is the Solstice, and that needs a new top, new interior, and fresher looks. I think they need to update the Solstice, bring in a G8 based on the Caddy CTS (then they can charge premium for a V6) in wagon and sedan form, of course a firebird/trans am, a small hot hatch and sedan similar to the astra but designed in America and based on the Cruze platform, and since the Insignia is coming over to America as a Buick Regal next year, I'd say base a G6 off of the Malibu Platform, but designed in America without any similarities to the cars that share the same platform.

if they do that, then maybe they'll last a couple more years.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Last edited by Taglane; 01-10-2009 at 11:55 PM. Reason: forgot the firebird.lol
post #5 of 10 Old 01-11-2009, 12:02 AM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised by the new Taurus!
Looks like they used some styling in it from the Interceptor concept, which is a good thing!

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #6 of 10 Old 01-11-2009, 04:02 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrent View Post
No not really, but I like totally love Pontiac. I know they can make good cars, but dammit they need to start doing so. They started with the G8. Now it'll be canceled in a few years. The G8ST hasn't even made it to the market and it's dead already. (it not even doa because it didn't even arrive) the G6 isn't that bad looking, but the looks are dated and the interior feels like they melted an 80's IBM computer. and spread it all over the dash. The Vibe is a toyota. the G3 is a daewoo, and the Torrent is a frickin rebadged equinox. The G5 is a somewhat snappier Cobalt, but doesn't have the GXP powertrain cribbed from the SS Cobalt, so it's useless. (no offense Lu .) what happened to 'we build excitement?' All you guys got is the Solstice, and that needs a new top, new interior, and fresher looks. I think they need to update the Solstice, bring in a G8 based on the Caddy CTS (then they can charge premium for a V6) in wagon and sedan form, of course a firebird/trans am, a small hot hatch and sedan similar to the astra but designed in America and based on the Cruze platform, and since the Insignia is coming over to America as a Buick Regal next year, I'd say base a G6 off of the Malibu Platform, but designed in America without any similarities to the cars that share the same platform.

if they do that, then maybe they'll last a couple more years.
G5 is anything but useless. It has option combos that aren't available in a Cobalt.
And the base has MUCH more standard than the Cobalt base..while still allowing options you can't get on Cobalt trims.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #7 of 10 Old 01-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
G5 is anything but useless. It has option combos that aren't available in a Cobalt.
And the base has MUCH more standard than the Cobalt base..while still allowing options you can't get on Cobalt trims.
This has gone way off topic. We could start a new thread about why Pontiac has made itself obsolete if anyone desires. Keep in mind that I own 2 Pontiacs and I still feel its time has come.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #8 of 10 Old 01-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
This has gone way off topic. We could start a new thread about why Pontiac has made itself obsolete if anyone desires. Keep in mind that I own 2 Pontiacs and I still feel its time has come.
Pontiac isn't obsolete.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #9 of 10 Old 01-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
Pontiac isn't obsolete.
what happened to your avatar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
Facebook has sucked me into Farmtown.

What can I say I love virtual plowing.
post #10 of 10 Old 01-11-2009, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

he be gone?

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page